A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Title issues at Audi. Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After 3 months+ waiting, we finally received the title and lien release document from Audi Financial Services.

My wife called them every 2 weeks since January and every single time they said it would take 2-3 weeks to process.

Finally on April 11 I sent out an email to several AudiUSA executives demanding them to look into this matter and demanding to release the title within a week. My wife reached out to AudiUSA via Facebook chat. Audi assigned a rep to work with us. Two days after the email, Josh (Joshua.Rynbrandt@vwcredit.com) from Audi Financial Services responded and said he would take action on this issue.

Last Friday, 4/14/23, Joshua sent us the USPS tracking number and on Monday, 4/17/23 we received the title in hand. We went to the DMV office today to pay for sales tax and to get the new title under our name.

On all the paperwork Audi sent to us everything was backdated to 1/27/2023 instead of last week’s date. So, in all reality we could have received our title early February but they never released it.

The following chronology of efforts with Audi Financial Services and AudiUSA is as follows:

· From the time we sent the cashier’s check on 1/10/23 till today, we made at least 10 calls to Audi Financial Services.

· We received the electronic title copy on 2/10/2023 but it is not usable for lien transfer. These actions became highly suspicious.

· Search all of the Audi Forums and confirmed multitudes of others were having the same issue.

· 4/11/2023 I had to email executives at AudiUSA to get a response. This is because we all suspect AudiUSA is trying to avoid a flood of used Audi cars hitting the market and that would cut out their new car sales forecasts.

· When I pay for a car I expect the title within a normal 30 days grace period. Holding onto it resembles something illegal.

· We are no longer Audi customers, we are moving away to another brand.

Credit to Joshua at Volkswagen Financing for taking action on this.
The following users liked this post:
2bcarsmart (04-18-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wow... feels like for future reference you need to hold the cheque in one hand and hold out your other hand for the title document... only swap paperwork once each party lets go of it. I guess can't do these things in person? Never had a lease so no idea how it works but this good to know this happens
Old 04-26-2023, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Sad to say it is not just Audi Financial Services doing this. I am having the same issue with Subaru Finance. Very frustrating.
DadAudi (04-26-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi emails?

hello, just read your thread. Any chance you can send me the audi executives email you asked help from? Thanks!

Last edited by uberwgn; 05-15-2023 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi title frustration too!

Thanks for the information! I recently purchased (Mar 24, 2023) a CPO Audi RS 6 and decided to finance a minimum amount instead of paying cash in order to take advantage of their free next two services. I purchased the car in NC and will be registering in MI, adding another layer of complexity. Temp tag expired Apr 24 and I am still waiting for Audi to issue the title in order to register and legally drive my car. Beyond frustrated with finger pointing between Audi Financial and the dealer, and with no one being able to provide any timeline what so ever. I'm basically sitting on a $130k asset that I can not drive! If anyone has any additional recommendations, I would appreciate it.

Old 05-15-2023, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I tried e-mailing Joshua last week and never received a response. I guess it needs to be escalated by the same route you took before any action is taken. How did you find the e-mails of the executive team? Thank you

Old 05-16-2023, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting, similar situation up here in Boston. A4 Lease was coming up, decided to pay off at the end of November 2022. Audi promptly deposited my check. I didn't receive title, despite numerous calls, etc until the end of April. They blamed it on the same thing, 3rd party and kept telling me 2-3 weeks. Went to the RMV beginning of May to register and pay sales tax etc. Was surprised that I was dinged for over $400 in fines/late fees since the car should have been registered within 20 days of the bill of sale. Problem was I needed the title for the RMV. Called Audi and voiced my disappointment and sought some type of recourse, they could have cared less. Wasn't planning on selling it, so no issue there just the annoyance of being out a few hundred that technically I shouldn't have been screwed out of.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueAllroad
Interesting, similar situation up here in Boston. A4 Lease was coming up, decided to pay off at the end of November 2022. Audi promptly deposited my check. I didn't receive title, despite numerous calls, etc until the end of April. They blamed it on the same thing, 3rd party and kept telling me 2-3 weeks. Went to the RMV beginning of May to register and pay sales tax etc. Was surprised that I was dinged for over $400 in fines/late fees since the car should have been registered within 20 days of the bill of sale. Problem was I needed the title for the RMV. Called Audi and voiced my disappointment and sought some type of recourse, they could have cared less. Wasn't planning on selling it, so no issue there just the annoyance of being out a few hundred that technically I shouldn't have been screwed out of.
It boggles the mind that you didn't get a title until May for a November purchase. Seriously this can't possibly be legal and Audi just gets away with it. I was finally able to contact them thanks to horbill's help! they turned around getting me a certified copy of the title within a week of me contacting them and their leadership team. I couldn't sell the car mind you because the title had to be in my name (add 3-4 more weeks to this whole ordeal) and I'm currently waiting on the TX DMV to mail me the final title in my name. So end to end this process took around 5 months... no way I'll ever buy or lease from the Audi crooks again.
DadAudi (05-24-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBCMI
Thanks for the information! I recently purchased (Mar 24, 2023) a CPO Audi RS 6 and decided to finance a minimum amount instead of paying cash in order to take advantage of their free next two services. I purchased the car in NC and will be registering in MI, adding another layer of complexity. Temp tag expired Apr 24 and I am still waiting for Audi to issue the title in order to register and legally drive my car. Beyond frustrated with finger pointing between Audi Financial and the dealer, and with no one being able to provide any timeline what so ever. I'm basically sitting on a $130k asset that I can not drive! If anyone has any additional recommendations, I would appreciate it.
I am going through the purchase of an S6 from CA to WI. Audi dealer in California shared the delays being experienced from Audi Financial. Before signing anything I called my DMV and explained the scenario and was told I can register the car without a title so long as I have a bill of sale. Once the title comes they will issue me a local state title. I'm paying cash so perhaps that simplifies things for registration... We'll see how this plays out.
The following 2 users liked this post by mchltschr:
markrief (06-26-2023), uberwgn (06-21-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jcamber
There has got to be more to the story than them switching third parties right?? I'm seriously considering just asking a friend for a photocopy of their passport and I'll make up an Audi business card because you can't even tell any name from the scribble someone at Audi did for the POA. It's total BS what they're doing with the titles and they just give you the standard "it will take 6-8 weeks" every time you call... WTF!!
Curious to how this went for you? any luck ? I'm in the same boat, lease done in Oct, and I plan to buy-out now. Spoke with Audi Financial Services, and they said 'they can't give an ETA on title, but the guy was like you should plan for 6-10 weeks'. A friend said, Texas does permit transactions on 'electronic copy' of Title -- but not sure if this is true, and how to go about it?

Quick Reply: Title issues at Audi. Anyone else?