A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Matrix LED Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matrix LED Lights

Hi All
I am just purchasing a new Audi 6 Avant Daytona Grey S Line and have added the Technology Pro Pack mainly for head up display and Panoramic roof. I have asked the dealer but not confident in their reply and cannot see it on the spec sheet but do I get LED Matrix lights. I understand that I need them for the auto main beam function. Tried searching websites but it looks like Audi have been playing with trims and packs recently so struggling to know if I will get that function or have I missed adding a pack ? Appreciate the help. BTW I am in UK.
Steve
Old 11-26-2023, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

No support from Audi. Based on a few posts here there is a "hack" but it requires some cost and a lot of trust. You have to hook up your laptop to your car, and let some guy from Europe remote into your laptop and then he will configure / reprogram your car to allow full Matrix functions.

No thank you.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve197201
Hi All
I am just purchasing a new Audi 6 Avant Daytona Grey S Line and have added the Technology Pro Pack mainly for head up display and Panoramic roof. I have asked the dealer but not confident in their reply and cannot see it on the spec sheet but do I get LED Matrix lights. I understand that I need them for the auto main beam function. Tried searching websites but it looks like Audi have been playing with trims and packs recently so struggling to know if I will get that function or have I missed adding a pack ? Appreciate the help. BTW I am in UK.
Steve
It is quite clear on the Audi UK configurator (click the "I" next to S-Line) that S-Line spec gives you Matrix Headlights, in fact since the most recent model year changes all A6s get Matrix Headlights in the UK
Old 11-27-2023, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
It is quite clear on the Audi UK configurator (click the "I" next to S-Line) that S-Line spec gives you Matrix Headlights, in fact since the most recent model year changes all A6s get Matrix Headlights in the UK
Do have in mind that there are matrix headlights and HD matrix headlights ( can be identified by three bent lines for DRL )
Old 11-27-2023, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Thankyou. I totally missed that. I was looking everywhere else . Will change my glasses now !! :-)
Old 11-27-2023, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Look in the forums here for this message title:

Full Matrix Upgrade performed!

I posted pics of the different Headlights (US) but I think they are the same in EU - you should be able to click on the proceeding sentence for a jump to that post...

Scott
Old 11-28-2023, 12:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver42
Look in the forums here for this message title:

Full Matrix Upgrade performed!

I posted pics of the different Headlights (US) but I think they are the same in EU - you should be able to click on the proceeding sentence for a jump to that post...

Scott
European market cars (OP is in the UK) did not have the Matrix functionality reduced in the way there were in the US, due to US legislation at the time, so no need to make changes tot he software. Differences between the different light technologies explained here https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/.../lighting-7187