A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Front license plate holder

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default More pictures???

Originally Posted by billkfromva
Your installation looks great. I was told by the dealer to keep the plate lower to avoid potential interference with the front camera since some of the brackets stick out further than the one you used. I found an inexpensive one on Amazon that works well and allows for multiple mounting positions. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

The dealer had it really low... definitely blocking some airflow to radiators

I mounted it lower than yours, but after seeing yours I think I will raise it as this does block some airflow (but not as much as dealer mounting did)

Front License plate bracket from Amazon

can you please add more pictures? Are you only using the two holes in bumper with this Amazon plate holder or did you drill more holes? Is it holding sturdy with only two?

wondering what other solutions are out there?
Old 06-03-2020, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to this thread, I picked up the same universal plate holder from my local Autozone for $6. I used the two large horizontal cut-outs on the left/right sides to screw into the European screw holes that came with the car. Used M6 sized screws. Did not have to drill anything. Works great and holds my front plate securely. I did stick two rubber bump pads on the back of the holder to prevent the holder from rubbing against the car itself.

Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
NoVA-Audi (06-04-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Slacker Anonymous
Thanks to this thread, I picked up the same universal plate holder from my local Autozone for $6. I used the two large horizontal cut-outs on the left/right sides to screw into the European screw holes that came with the car. Used M6 sized screws. Did not have to drill anything. Works great and holds my front plate securely. I did stick two rubber bump pads on the back of the holder to prevent the holder from rubbing against the car itself.

Cheers!
Can you share a picture? Is it blocking the airflow?
Old 06-03-2020, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here you go. Like I said, it's secure and doesn't move around at all.

The following users liked this post:
anilx783 (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks - I ordered it from Amazon!
Old 06-04-2020, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug2.7
Thanks all. I decided to order a German plate with a Bavaria sticker. Plate alphanumeric is the same on the back plate.
Nice! Where'd you get that?
Old 06-10-2020, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you use the 4 screws come with the bracket to secure your license plate? I just got the bracket today but the 4 screws seemed a bit long. I am afraid if I screw them all the way in to secure my license plate they might stick out at the back and rubbing against the bumper.

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kchao2000
Did you use the 4 screws come with the bracket to secure your license plate? I just got the bracket today but the 4 screws seemed a bit long. I am afraid if I screw them all the way in to secure my license plate they might stick out at the back and rubbing against the bumper.

Thanks for your input.
I did not use the 4 screws that came with the universal bracket. I think those are actually supposed to be used to secure the bracket onto the car and not to secure the license plate to the bracket. I bought a pack of 6 screws (M6 x 12mm) and used 2 of them to secure the bracket onto the car. I used the other 4 screws to mount the license plate onto the bracket. The screws just very barely protrude out the back which is where I stuck the rubber bumpers. I think you can get away without the bumpers since there is enough gap between the bracket and bumper. I stuck them on since I had some extras laying around.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Slacker Anonymous
I did not use the 4 screws that came with the universal bracket. I think those are actually supposed to be used to secure the bracket onto the car and not to secure the license plate to the bracket. I bought a pack of 6 screws (M6 x 12mm) and used 2 of them to secure the bracket onto the car. I used the other 4 screws to mount the license plate onto the bracket. The screws just very barely protrude out the back which is where I stuck the rubber bumpers. I think you can get away without the bumpers since there is enough gap between the bracket and bumper. I stuck them on since I had some extras laying around.
Thank you for the quick response. I will get those screws tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got Mine.

Quick Reply: Front license plate holder