A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Beware of new MMI update

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dealer did the update 2 weeks ago and I also had the same issue with the memory seat function. I noticed it while picking up the car so the service advisor immediately performed the seat reset on the parking lot. It was basically series of combination of changing seat's position. He was moving the seat forward, back, tile down and up the seatback and then it memory seat function worked.
The following users liked this post:
pschilleru (10-09-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Kchao2000,

Can you supply me with the dealer name? I will give them a call and ask for the exact sequence? Also, was he sitting in the seat when he did it? (Supposedly the update was to fix the resistance sensors, so it might need the weight in the seat). Thanks in advance for the reply with the information!
Old 10-09-2020, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Never mind kchao2000, I called my dealer got the details AND I AM FIXED!

For anyone else out there move the seat in each direction (Front/Back, Tilt up/down, Seat Up/down, Seat back upright/laid down) and each time you hit the max position give it an extra "push".

Last edited by pschilleru; 10-09-2020 at 01:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
need4spd (10-12-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It worked perfectly. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver42
I had all the fixes as well (3 of them)

I do not have any of these issues. Could the flash routine / procedure that they are using be different or bad? Seats are fine / cameras always work....not sure about problems!
My MMI software update says there are 5 and even though it. looks like it's trying to install, it has remained at 0% complete. I've tried a few times in the past couple of days but to no avail. How can I find out what the updates are for? I've tried it while driving around with my iPhone attached. Not sure if this is the correct way to do it.
Thank you.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I thought all MMI updates were only done by the dealer using a laptop computer. Now what does get downloaded over the "air" are map updates. Map updates do take a while to download and you must have the car on for them to complete. If you don't drive it enough for the entire download to complete, it will pick up the next time you have the car on. Another item to note is your cellular signal strength which will also affect the map download time.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pschilleru
I thought all MMI updates were only done by the dealer using a laptop computer. Now what does get downloaded over the "air" are map updates. Map updates do take a while to download and you must have the car on for them to complete. If you don't drive it enough for the entire download to complete, it will pick up the next time you have the car on. Another item to note is your cellular signal strength which will also affect the map download time.
Do you know what type of updates are done on the MMI? The dealership isn't close so it might be awhile before I get there to have them do it. Would like to know if it's anything urgent. Also, it looks like I have 5 updates.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I would not have a clue. A quick phone call to your dealers Service Department is the best way. They can do a lookup by the car's VIN.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes, that would be the best way to find out. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2020, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RosaN
Do you know what type of updates are done on the MMI? The dealership isn't close so it might be awhile before I get there to have them do it. Would like to know if it's anything urgent. Also, it looks like I have 5 updates.
Post a pic of the screen you're looking at. I suspect it's the versions screen that show you what versions you have of various software rather than a list of updates. A pic will tell us for sure.

Quick Reply: Beware of new MMI update