A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2020 Audi A6 Prestige RS style taillights animation

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks awesome! Can someone advise what would be the most inexpensive tool on the market that would accomplish this task? I'm assuming enabling the matrix headlights would not be the same procedure as this?
Old 02-10-2021, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My coding did not take as per above instructions. I'm on VCDS 20.12.0, and the interface looks different from the picture above (past VCDS versions). When attempting to select Bit 4 on 37, it would deselect itself when selecting "Info: SBBR_variant". So I attempted to change it in the recode module screen (not long coding helper) by changing the last two values. The coding took, and the lights did indeed work RS style, but after a few power cycles, I noticed that no animation on the rear tails were working. So I changed it back. Curious why it's worked for those that have a Prestige trim and mine didn't take (possible my VCDS version?).

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default An A7 Lurker..

Would this also work on a 2019 A7 Prestige S-Line as well?

Thank you in advance,
Old 03-02-2021, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried this on my 2020 A6 Allroad prestige with no luck. Was the same vanilla animation
Old 03-03-2021, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice code find. Will try using my RossTech...
Old 03-03-2021, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the VCDS gurus.
I tried to do this on Sunday but found out my Ross-Tech Hex+Can cable is outdated. They offer an upgrade for $149.00, but I know there are other devices on the market now. Would I be better off upgrading, or switching companies.

This is on a 2019 A6 Prestige.

A separate question. I have the adaptive suspension on my car (4-wheel steering). The turning radius is great. I just haven't seen many A6's spec'd with this. Is it a rare option?.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by craignhp
To the VCDS gurus.
I tried to do this on Sunday but found out my Ross-Tech Hex+Can cable is outdated. They offer an upgrade for $149.00, but I know there are other devices on the market now. Would I be better off upgrading, or switching companies.
I just had the same issue. I had a rosstech micro-can. I didn't want to pay the cost for a new cable so I bought OBDeleven Pro. Connects to my phone with bluetooth. I've already done some coding with no issues, really easy to use. They also have some "apps" that are one click to do the coding for you that you pay with credits. The product already comes with enough to cover all the things you'd want with what they offer.
The following users liked this post:
craignhp (03-03-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorharrison
Would this also work on a 2019 A7 Prestige S-Line as well?

Thank you in advance,
Yes, it will. That's where I got the idea from [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2021, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by craignhp
To the VCDS gurus.

This is on a 2019 A6 Prestige.

A separate question. I have the adaptive suspension on my car (4-wheel steering). The turning radius is great. I just haven't seen many A6's spec'd with this. Is it a rare option?.
I got the latest VCDS Hex-v2, but I think OBDeleven NextGen Pro (if you want to use it on iOS) it's better value for the money. With VCDS they only give you 3 VINs, where OBDeleven NextGen Pro, you got unlimited VINs. I will post the OBD eleven instructions in the latest post.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jambo1
My coding did not take as per above instructions. I'm on VCDS 20.12.0, and the interface looks different from the picture above (past VCDS versions). When attempting to select Bit 4 on 37, it would deselect itself when selecting "Info: SBBR_variant". So I attempted to change it in the recode module screen (not long coding helper) by changing the last two values. The coding took, and the lights did indeed work RS style, but after a few power cycles, I noticed that no animation on the rear tails were working. So I changed it back. Curious why it's worked for those that have a Prestige trim and mine didn't take (possible my VCDS version?).

Thanks.

Just check Bit 4 on Byte 37 (address 46). I got the latest VCDS version 21.3.0 and it looks like they changed the screen a little since the first time I posted the picture.
Also, the RS or standard animation will not always work if you keep cycling lock/unlock. I have tested and it always works if you start the car or turn ignition on, and then turn off ignition and lock the car.

Quick Reply: 2020 Audi A6 Prestige RS style taillights animation