Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Yikes! Just heard this on the news today

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrer
I doubt it. Even after the big scandal, VW has surpassed Toyota again in vehicle sales for 2016. VW is not so dependent on the US. Toyota is. VW is very strong in China. Toyota is not.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...-barriers-loom
True enough but unfortunately sales don't always reflect profits. The buybacks, lawsuits, emission repairs, fines and recall items yet to be realized will be significant for the VAG bottom line. While they will probably eventually overcome all this, they will likely experience losses for some time to come.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
True enough but unfortunately sales don't always reflect profits. The buybacks, lawsuits, emission repairs, fines and recall items yet to be realized will be significant for the VAG bottom line. While they will probably eventually overcome all this, they will likely experience losses for some time to come.
I read that their profits were about half of Toyota's for 2016 but Toyota always make more as VW has far more employees ( the State of Lower Saxony wants jobs). They have already booked about 15 billion for this fiasco so it is already largely built in. My guess is that they will lose the equivalent of about one year's net profit when it is over.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just received two emails from U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration with the following information about my A6

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 17V001
Manufacturer : Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
Make / Model Years : AUDI / 2011-2017
Subject : Air Bag Inflator may Rupture due to Corrosion

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 17V002
Make / Model Years : AUDI / 2012-2017
Subject : Coolant Pump May Overheat and cause Fire

I highly recommend registering on their site. You'll get the notices before Audi informs you.
VIN Look-up Toolhttps://odlinks.govdelivery.com/trac...ov/recalls#vin
Old 01-30-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by huntergts
I just received two emails from U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration with the following information about my A6

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 17V001
Make / Model Years : AUDI / 2011-2017
Subject : Air Bag Inflator may Rupture due to Corrosion

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 17V002
Make / Model Years : AUDI / 2012-2017
Subject : Coolant Pump May Overheat and cause Fire

I highly recommend registering on their site. You'll get the notices before Audi informs you.
VIN Look-up Toolhttps://odlinks.govdelivery.com/trac...ov/recalls#vin
Interesting. The article I read said that the coolant pump issue was for 2.0T engines only. My 2013 A6 3.0T had no recalls reported.

"Some of those Q5s are also subject to recall for a coolant-pump malfunction. The recall applies to a total of 342,867 Audi Q5s, A5s and A5 Cabriolets from model years 2013-17; Audi Allroads and Audi A4s from 2013-16; and Audi A6s from 2012-2015 -- all equipped with 2-liter turbocharged FSI engines."
Old 01-30-2017, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Interesting. The article I read said that the coolant pump issue was for 2.0T engines only. My 2013 A6 3.0T had no recalls reported.

"Some of those Q5s are also subject to recall for a coolant-pump malfunction. The recall applies to a total of 342,867 Audi Q5s, A5s and A5 Cabriolets from model years 2013-17; Audi Allroads and Audi A4s from 2013-16; and Audi A6s from 2012-2015 -- all equipped with 2-liter turbocharged FSI engines."
When I enter the VIN for my 2012 A6 Prestige on that site, it shows zero recalls. When you sign up for the emails, it only asks for year, make, and model, so those email notifications may not be entirely accurate.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dwboston
When I enter the VIN for my 2012 A6 Prestige on that site, it shows zero recalls. When you sign up for the emails, it only asks for year, make, and model, so those email notifications may not be entirely accurate.
That would explain it. Which makes the email notifications mostly useless.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Looks like Audi Recall VIN lookup has been update recently, my car just showed up on it for the coolant pump one.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for a manufacturer (not Audi lol). You may be surprised to hear that to build a fully loaded Q7 or A8L versus a base A4 is really not much different. Once the infrastructure and R&D is humming along the manufacturers reap big profits. And the profits just keep going up the longer they make that particular body style.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi coolant pump fix

Made an appt with the dealership for the Coolant problem fix. I was told it is a software update. This means that if the pump does become clogged the new software will shut off power to the pump so it will not burn up. When I asked if that would result in the engine overheating I was told that this will not happen since the new software will also make it impossible to start the car. When I go in for the "fix" I will ask for documentation that Audi will cover all costs associated with the the car becoming immobile, just in case I am not close to an Audi dlr or the car dies in my garage and must be towed to the dlr. With only 20,500 on my 2013 P+ I was hoping to keep this very nice car for a long time. Now I will think about eliminating any worries about owning a car that may die anywhere.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Coolant pump recall: Is this the booster pump for the cabin heater?

I did some research about this for the same reason: if the coolant pump is disabled it would seem something else is going to get too hot.
According to my research, this coolant pump is the booster pump for the cabin heating system. So if it gets shut down by the software, all you will notice is that the cabin doesn't get as warm as it should.

Can someone more knowledgeable verify that for us?Thanks.

Quick Reply: Yikes! Just heard this on the news today