Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Minor door dent

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor door dent

Hello,

This is my first time posting in a new thread. I've been a member for about 6 months and I purchased my 2014 Audi A6 Prestige Sedan back in Oct of 2013. I've been reading the forums quite a bit for tips and stuff like that. So I really appreciate everyone's input on the forums.

I have a quick question in regards to dents. I recently got a minor dent on the driver side door because the car next to mine accidentally open their car door too hard and it hit my car. Now I'm obviously upset but hey, it happens. I don't really want to go to the dealer or bodyshop yet because of price reasons. I was wondering if anybody have suggestions on how to fix these types of dent? It's very small but I can see it and it bothers me. I will upload a picture later. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
PJ
Old 05-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dicenmo
Hello,

This is my first time posting in a new thread. I've been a member for about 6 months and I purchased my 2014 Audi A6 Prestige Sedan back in Oct of 2013. I've been reading the forums quite a bit for tips and stuff like that. So I really appreciate everyone's input on the forums.

I have a quick question in regards to dents. I recently got a minor dent on the driver side door because the car next to mine accidentally open their car door too hard and it hit my car. Now I'm obviously upset but hey, it happens. I don't really want to go to the dealer or bodyshop yet because of price reasons. I was wondering if anybody have suggestions on how to fix these types of dent? It's very small but I can see it and it bothers me. I will upload a picture later. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
PJ
Check with one of the dent removal franchises such as dent pro. Many times they can make small dents disappear unless the dent has a crease. They should be able to tell you if they can fix your dent satisfactorily. I have had good results with this in the past and the cost was around a hun.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C21bill
Check with one of the dent removal franchises such as dent pro. Many times they can make small dents disappear unless the dent has a crease. They should be able to tell you if they can fix your dent satisfactorily. I have had good results with this in the past and the cost was around a hun.
These cars are aluminum. Repairs don't work well. The metal tends to tear. Thats why you can't even take it to most bodyshops. Pretty sure that skin is gonna have to be changed.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
These cars are aluminum. Repairs don't work well. The metal tends to tear. Thats why you can't even take it to most bodyshops. Pretty sure that skin is gonna have to be changed.
I have had a dent pro repair on an aluminum hood and it turned out perfectly. It doesn't cost anything to have it looked at and the rep can tell you if he can effect a repair.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by C21bill
I have had a dent pro repair on an aluminum hood and it turned out perfectly. It doesn't cost anything to have it looked at and the rep can tell you if he can effect a repair.
Same here on mine. If it's not on a sharp angle, punctured or damaged paint, it can often be done from the outside.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

PDR (paintless dent repair) all the way. They can work magic. I've had them remove dents on 2 x 911s, S4 and an S2000. No evidence that any of the dents ever existed.

Last edited by NABS4; 05-13-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you everyone for the response. I will definitely checkout dent pro and PDR.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Door-Dents...

I do not think the doors on the A6 are Aluminum. Quarters and hood and trunk I think...doors are standard steel.

I had a decent sized door ding repaired via the dentless fixer-guy - at the dealership when I took the car in for other things and it is perfect - totally gone and I could never find it again.

Scott
Old 05-19-2014, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver42
Door-Dents...

I do not think the doors on the A6 are Aluminum. Quarters and hood and trunk I think...doors are standard steel.

I had a decent sized door ding repaired via the dentless fixer-guy - at the dealership when I took the car in for other things and it is perfect - totally gone and I could never find it again.

Scott
Doors are most definitely made of sheet aluminum along with the hood, trunk lid and front fenders.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
Doors are most definitely made of sheet aluminum along with the hood, trunk lid and front fenders.
Name:  body.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  68.1 KB

Quick Reply: Minor door dent