Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

ventilated seats not cooling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ventilated seats not cooling?

Does anyone else have issues with their seat coolers not working? When I get in the car in the mornings, the seats get nice and cool. But in the afternoon when the car is warm and I really need the seat to cool, I get nothing. It sounds like the fan is running, but I feel nothing coming out of the ventilated seats.

I figure if I take it into the dealer, they will just say that it all checks out fine because they will check it out inside a cool garage. Maybe a problem with the thermostat logic in the computer?
The following users liked this post:
Ponko (07-21-2022)
Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
Does anyone else have issues with their seat coolers not working? When I get in the car in the mornings, the seats get nice and cool. But in the afternoon when the car is warm and I really need the seat to cool, I get nothing. It sounds like the fan is running, but I feel nothing coming out of the ventilated seats.

I figure if I take it into the dealer, they will just say that it all checks out fine because they will check it out inside a cool garage. Maybe a problem with the thermostat logic in the computer?

I honestly can't tell when my seats are cooling, nor a difference between the levels.. I think it's a placebo The money was just for the perforated leather and blue lights.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Unlike the seat heaters, my understanding is there is no cooling element per se to the design in the A6 Prestige, only air movement to cut down on dampness. Whatever the ambient temp is inside the car determines any air flow temp in the seats. Once the A/C cools the interior on a hot day, the air flow from the seats will be less warm.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mine are cool. I can feel cool air flowing out
Old 06-09-2012, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the same issue. It was 90 degrees outside yesterday and the seats barely felt cool. My mom's Cadillac seats blast air so I guess that is what I was expecting. Not the same here so I'll probably never use them.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

What I don't think works well is the heated steering wheel. Yeah, it's summer, so maybe it's hard to tell right now. My BMW had fantastic cooled seats. Got freezing!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I test drove the A6 (have a 2013 arriving in two weeks yay!) it seemed to be cooled, but it was hard to be 100% sure. I could see it seeming cool but really its just air moving and being forced through small opening, thus the pressure cools it. I could see extremely hot days overriding the physics involved. Of course, if the air is actually supposed to be cooled before delivery, then you may have a fault somewhere.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaS6
What I don't think works well is the heated steering wheel. Yeah, it's summer, so maybe it's hard to tell right now. My BMW had fantastic cooled seats. Got freezing!
The steering wheel heat is dependent on outside temp, so don't expect it to get warm in the summertime. Come winter, it will get nice and warm!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by directorguy7
When I test drove the A6 (have a 2013 arriving in two weeks yay!) it seemed to be cooled, but it was hard to be 100% sure. I could see it seeming cool but really its just air moving and being forced through small opening, thus the pressure cools it. I could see extremely hot days overriding the physics involved. Of course, if the air is actually supposed to be cooled before delivery, then you may have a fault somewhere.

When did you order your 2013 and what state are you in? I was told that any ordered A6's were not arriving until mid-July (at least in the Northeast). I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and was told end-July earliest with mid-Aug more likely.

Last edited by snagitseven; 06-09-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

FWIW, Audi calls this feature "ventilated seats" not "cooling seats".

Quick Reply: ventilated seats not cooling?