Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Vag mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone in the DMV area (DC MD VA) with a VagCom hookup??? Will pay for your time and effort...
Old 08-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fr8tdog
I go back and forth between Arizona and Memphis and my cable is currently out in AZ but could bring it back in Aug..
Quick question, I'm in Scottsdale too, any big benefit you see in Vag Com?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly probably not for $350..
Old 08-02-2012, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do VAG mods cause the dreaded TD1 warranty flag?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by njcycleguy
Do VAG mods cause the dreaded TD1 warranty flag?
No, that flag is for engine tuning I think. My Tech told me the Vag mods I've done aren't interfering with anything and shouldn't be a problem, however, he did say that the Mods may get erased if an issue requires a software fix.

Also, he added that engine tuning alone isn't recommended. Bigger pulley, secondary intake and such should complement the tune. Everyday I seem to be less and less interested in increasing the power of my car.

Lastly, I think someone should start a VAG MOD LOCATION thread, so people can stop posting new topics regarding Vag mod locations. I'm not as avid as others here so I leave it to you guys.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Metallic-Force
Lastly, I think someone should start a VAG MOD LOCATION thread, so people can stop posting new topics regarding Vag mod locations. I'm not as avid as others here so I leave it to you guys.
I found a very nice created map on VWVORTEX with a VAG-com locator.
Vag-Com Locator searchable map
Old 08-02-2012, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for Vag-Com questions...

1- Has anyone gotten the battery display to work? I can't seem to find it on the MMI; I have enabled the hidden menu and also changed the options in the green menu. No luck. The rest of the changes I made all worked.

2- Does anyone know if the 2013 with innovation has all the hardware necessary for enabling the auto high beam (I think they call it high beam assistant)? It seems it should be something that vag-com can turn on, assuming the mirror has the right controller/software. I don't know how to figure that out.

Mike
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikem33
I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for Vag-Com questions...

1- Has anyone gotten the battery display to work? I can't seem to find it on the MMI; I have enabled the hidden menu and also changed the options in the green menu. No luck. The rest of the changes I made all worked.

2- Does anyone know if the 2013 with innovation has all the hardware necessary for enabling the auto high beam (I think they call it high beam assistant)? It seems it should be something that vag-com can turn on, assuming the mirror has the right controller/software. I don't know how to figure that out.

Mike
No luck on the battery display for me either..
Old 08-05-2012, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was tooling around VCDS awhile back, looking for high beam with fogs.

Anyway, now I realized my fogs shut off automatically depending on traffic conditions. The front camera is able to recognize headlights and such.

The thing is I'm not sure if it was like this before, I don't put my fogs usually. Anyone experience this?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi there, I'm new to this place but I got big hope to learn and share with you guys. I own an A6 s line exclusive ( the naming might be a little different in the states since my car is in the middle east) and I just ordered my VAG cable and once it arrives I'll be doing some work.

I have a couple of questions thou:

1- many ppl in the forum wrote about activating the windows n sunroof with remote!! I had that as standard when I got my car!! The menu and function was already there.
2- I searched online about the yellow light on the side, seems its only a feature on us specs cause I don't have it on mine.
3- what is the green hidden menu??
4- where is the best place to learn how to initial VAG ( ie getting I to the system and password and all)
5- I could open my boot with the remote but can't close it, is there a code to fix that?
6- does the VAG have anything to do with performance ?

Sorry for the many questions but I guess that's the only way I learn, thanx in advance guys.

P.s. this is my everyday drive and it's a project too, I'll post a topic later to ask for suggestion on best mods and what ever you guys suggest most then I'll be adding to the car

Quick Reply: Vag mods