Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Trying to decide sell vs keep... what would you value this car at?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2024, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlainaPorter
Considering the recent major service and good maintenance of your Prestige, you should fetch a sale price in the $15,000-$16,000 range, especially given its scarcity nowadays. Sure, I see why you'd keep it, too. The reliability and the investment you've made in upkeep are respectable. So it's a hard choice, I agree. But if you do choose to sell, consider an auction, as it might attract "enthusiasts" willing to pay a premium for a well-maintained, high-spec model like yours. You can find them through CarAuctionsUSA.net. The competitive bidding really makes a difference, especially for cars like yours. Good luck!
Thank you!
Old 03-09-2024, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi Logic
it's been pretty good. My only major issues were a failed thermostat, coolant creep on one of the components that goes to the transmission and the headliner started sagging. I did have to get body work done after a branch fell on it and ever since then I've had a intermittent bulb out warning for my right rear taillight. I think the shop may have dropped the inner housing and the shock may have broken some solder joints but can't prove it. Other than that it's been really trouble free. I wrench on it myself so other than routine stuff and gas it's only cost me maybe $500 in unexpected repairs. Headliner and taillight still pending. LOL
Sorry for delay in responding. The "coolant creep" is a potential major issue for C7 owners up until I think 2014 or maybe even 2015. If coolant invades the mechanatronic unit (i.e. the transmission computer) this can be the end of the car given what the dealer will charge to fix things depending on the extent of the coolant intrusion. There is some type of coupler/connector/valve -- more details in the link below. Lots of stuff on AW about this. I actually have the tech at the dealer or my indy check this valve every time I'm in for an oil change notwithstanding that my car allegedly has the upgraded valve.

A6 TCU Fried Due To Coolant Control Valve Issue - Page 2 - AudiWorld Forums