Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

iPad mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default iPad mount

I would like to see if anyone has a good way to mount an iPad in the front of an A6.

I think it opens up a lot of possibilities such as:
- using the in-car wifi hotspot for internet access on the iPad
- using Bluetooth to route the iPad's audio to the car's speakers
- GPS on the iPad's 9.7" screen

Right now, I don't have a mount at all, but there is a pretty ideal place to rest the iPad on the front ashtray door.
Attached Images   
Old 06-21-2013, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Take a look at this by Mountek - I have one on order coming in July for my Q7. I already have their current non-magnet product (not big enough for iPad) to mount the iPhone in the same way via the CD slot. It is sturdy yet temporary and fits in great with the Audi interior.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/th...ld_no_dropdown
Old 06-21-2013, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by newmoon
Right now, I don't have a mount at all, but there is a pretty ideal place to rest the iPad on the front ashtray door.
Ahh, as it sits in the photos, that looks kind of dangerous. Possibly for the driver or passenger and definitely for the iPad. Also, as if there isn't enough MMI tech stuff now to distract the driver, mounting an iPad in the front could take it to a new level, especially if you were surfing the internet while driving. (I know, Tesla has a humongus screen. Not sure, but I believe internet surfing is inaccessible when the car is moving). Finally, most states in the US prohibit screens within the driver's view that can play video (except for built-in screens whose primary purpose is GPS and car info; we even have to do a Vag-Com override VIM to get video when the car is moving).

But hey, if you want the iPad mounted in front of the dash, go for it. (Watch out for the constabulary though if you're in one of those states I mentioned).
Old 06-22-2013, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have an iPad but have seen these mounts in cars. Trying to find one for my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

http://www.arkon.com/iPad_accessorie...car-mount.html
Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was really hoping someone here has already did the install as I'm thinking about putting an iPad Air in my S5. I've been checking out the Padholdr holders, just haven't seen one installed in an S5. Anyone have any luck with them? http://padholdr.com/collections/audi-dash-mounts/s5
Old 01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Someone did this mount:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...d+mount&page=2
Old 01-14-2014, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This one sucks

No personal experience, but I hear really good things about their bike mounts....so maybe look into a mount that sucks?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
I would be worried that might be incredibly dangerous if the passenger airbag deployed.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by newmoon
I would like to see if anyone has a good way to mount an iPad in the front of an A6.

I think it opens up a lot of possibilities such as:
- using the in-car wifi hotspot for internet access on the iPad
- using Bluetooth to route the iPad's audio to the car's speakers
- GPS on the iPad's 9.7" screen

My car is in the stereo shop as we speak, and I am planning to swing by this morning and talk to them. I'll ask if they have any good solutions for iPad in the dash.

Also, some of the more impressive iPad mounts I have seen in cars have been from these guys in California. They have gotten very creative with using fiberglass, magnets, and optical digital outputs. Maybe give them a call and ask if they have done any C7 A6 dashboard mounts yet?

http://www.soundmanca.com/
Old 01-15-2014, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I would be worried that might be incredibly dangerous if the passenger airbag deployed.
Don't know where the air bag comes out from, or if it'll hit that, but honestly none of these mounts will probably hold an ipad in if the accident is bad enough to deploy the airbags.

Quick Reply: iPad mount