Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Steering wheel control

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaikhasm
I think you should wait for the fix or ask them to reflash the system again once a fix is there that's if you use arabic names in your tracks because i would hate to see squares on my screen
Will see if I can remove the Arabic now and reflash as suggested when the fix is done.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
All I have to do is push the left hand thumb wheel to answer a call, there isn't any scrolling involved...
You are right. I just get a call today and the center display between the gauges jumps right to the phone mode, but I still use the big MMI button to answer the call. Force of habit I guess.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kundu
Yes I'm in Abu Dhabi. Made an appointment for Monday. I would also like to keep the Arabic support but if I have to give it up to be able to answer phone and change tracks as well as see media info in the instrument cluster then I'm willing to give it up. Will let you know what happens.
Hi, Last we bought A6 2.8 Sline PB from Ali & Sons and I am facing the same issue of steering wheel controls for radio, media and tel. I also got eng & Arabic mmi pre installed.

Have you managed to get it resolved? Could you please let me know the service manager who you have dealt in Musaffa Audi Centre?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audivik
Hi, Last we bought A6 2.8 Sline PB from Ali & Sons and I am facing the same issue of steering wheel controls for radio, media and tel. I also got eng & Arabic mmi pre installed.

Have you managed to get it resolved? Could you please let me know the service manager who you have dealt in Musaffa Audi Centre?
My car is actually at the dealer now and i'm picking it up tomorrow. My service advisor (Ahmad) has informed me over the phone that he was able to update the software to just English and that the radio and phone controls are working properly. I will know for sure by tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by shaikhasm
I think you should wait for the fix or ask them to reflash the system again once a fix is there that's if you use arabic names in your tracks because i would hate to see squares on my screen

Can we get Audi service centers in Dubai/Abu dhabi to flash only English version?

I checked a display a6 at Ali and sons and it had only English version installed and it was showing all menus on instructment cluster.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kundu
My car is actually at the dealer now and i'm picking it up tomorrow. My service advisor (Ahmad) has informed me over the phone that he was able to update the software to just English and that the radio and phone controls are working properly. I will know for sure by tomorrow.
Awesome! I spoke to him yesterday and he mentioned that he got an a6 with similar query, so I guess he was referring to your car. I spoke to Thomas who is the manager there and asked me to bring the car there....

Please post when you get your car tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can now report that my MMI is working properly and I am able to see/control audio and telephone on the instrument cluster and steering wheel.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Enjoy your A6 evening better