Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Steering wheel control

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaikhasm
I have the same problem on my car and i took it to the dealer and they hooked it up to online diagnostic to Audi headquarter in Dubai and said that they don't have a fix and that it happened to 3-4 cars and it's associated with Arabic language support in the system software but i guess not since it happened to your car I'm supposed to go to them again to check if they got a fix
I wonder if they can remove the arabic support and reprogram the system. Will check with Abu Dhabi dealer too. Please keep me posted if you find a fix
Old 02-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Spoke to the service manager here and he confirmed the problem is indeed due to the Arabic language support. I'm taking the car in on Monday and they will try to flash the software to only English as I don't need the Arabic support. I'm hoping this will work as having to use the MMI wheel to answer phone calls is not very safe or convinient
Old 02-07-2012, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually find it much easier to use the MMI **** to answer a phone call. The **** is so big that I cant miss it, I can push it without looking. Scroll thru the steering control is much more complicated.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
I actually find it much easier to use the MMI **** to answer a phone call. The **** is so big that I cant miss it, I can push it without looking. Scroll thru the steering control is much more complicated.
Maybe. But I can't even control my music/radio. I don't have the ability to see what is playing or go to next track.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you at least have the digital speedometer?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do you at least have the digital speedometer?
Yes I do. If you see the pics I posted in this thread you can see the 4 options I have that can be displayed in the instrument cluster.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have to do is push the left hand thumb wheel to answer a call, there isn't any scrolling involved...
Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kundu
I wonder if they can remove the arabic support and reprogram the system. Will check with Abu Dhabi dealer too. Please keep me posted if you find a fix
they told me they are looking for a fix and I'll be informed about it in a month(I know too long) or if they find a fix earlier

Spoke to the service manager here and he confirmed the problem is indeed due to the Arabic language support. I'm taking the car in on Monday and they will try to flash the software to only English as I don't need the Arabic support. I'm hoping this will work as having to use the MMI wheel to answer phone calls is not very safe or convinient
do you live in UAE?
I want the arabic support in the media and i don't think the\at they can disable the arabic language in MMI interface and keep it supported in the media so I'll have to wait.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shaikhasm
they told me they are looking for a fix and I'll be informed about it in a month(I know too long) or if they find a fix earlier

do you live in UAE?
I want the arabic support in the media and i don't think the\at they can disable the arabic language in MMI interface and keep it supported in the media so I'll have to wait.
Yes I'm in Abu Dhabi. Made an appointment for Monday. I would also like to keep the Arabic support but if I have to give it up to be able to answer phone and change tracks as well as see media info in the instrument cluster then I'm willing to give it up. Will let you know what happens.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I'm in Abu Dhabi. Made an appointment for Monday. I would also like to keep the Arabic support but if I have to give it up to be able to answer phone and change tracks as well as see media info in the instrument cluster then I'm willing to give it up. Will let you know what happens.
I think you should wait for the fix or ask them to reflash the system again once a fix is there that's if you use arabic names in your tracks because i would hate to see squares on my screen

Quick Reply: Steering wheel control