Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Squeaks and Rattles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very quiet, no rattling or squeaks, little bit of wind noise at high speed, but it can be ignored until my first service. A6 engine is really quiet but no issues.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmart
I have had my car since this Jan. There was a small vibration coming from the front left by the windsheild, near the speaker, when i drove it off the lot. I now have rattles near both front door armrests that are really annoying. I have less than 5000 miles, but will need to have it fixed when i bring the car in for its first service, because it is starting to ruin the driving experince a bit.

I have had about 5 Audis since 2004 (allroads, Q7, A4) and this is by far the worst experience that i have had in terms of interior rattles and squeaks.

From the comments on this forum, I may be alone.
Since I picked up the car August 2011, I have noticed slight rattles every now and then. I usually hear it for a couple of days then the rattle disappears. Since the rattles are infrequent and for the most part, it has been rattle free, I have never had it checked with the dealer. Hopefully, any rattle you hear will diasppear over time.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kmart
I have had my car since this Jan. There was a small vibration coming from the front left by the windsheild, near the speaker, when i drove it off the lot. I now have rattles near both front door armrests that are really annoying. I have less than 5000 miles, but will need to have it fixed when i bring the car in for its first service, because it is starting to ruin the driving experince a bit.

I have had about 5 Audis since 2004 (allroads, Q7, A4) and this is by far the worst experience that i have had in terms of interior rattles and squeaks.

From the comments on this forum, I may be alone.
You are definitely not alone. It may be quiet here, but there's a lengthy thread on the A7 board on the very same subject.

I have rattles from the same are near the windshield/front speaker. I also have a loud rattle on the driver's side front door. Can't tell if it's the b-pillar or door. Finally, I hear a slight noise from the steering wheel column any time I turn the wheel past 45 degrees or so. Sounds like plastic on plastic rubbing. I'm at 3500 miles and waiting for the first check up to report these issues.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've had my C7 for about 8 months now and have put 10,000 miles on it. I have the full innovation package plus 20" sports package and I'm not sure if it is due to this combination but there is a definite rattle in the HUD assembly area of the dash when I'm on certain types of road surfaces. This is probably exacerbated by the 20" PZeros that are noisy as heck to begin with.

So I guess I'll be the first here to say yes, she does rattle and it is annoying but doesn't take away from my enjoyment. I may need to get the Stasis exhaust to help drown that rattle out... yes. That is precisely why I need that exhaust!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Every car I have had, has some kind of noise. Merc's BMW's, Fords it doesn't matter what make, you can always find something. Same for the 6, I have a slight thumping on rough roads. I traced it to the seat belt counter weight swinging back and forth in it's housing. No biggy.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm awfully picky too... the first week, my suspension made a "thud" sound over bumps, that went away in a few days

Other than that.. no noises... just the "whistling" everybody else described, with windows closed during highway speeds
Old 04-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've also got the driver's side door panel squeak, more so at the armrest and the pillar. It comes and goes tho, but it does annoy me... seems to happen more on hot days.

Had the whistle also, sent it in and it was rectified with insulation as per Audi requirements.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Silent

1200 miles and very quiet. No rattles or noise. Prestige no sport suspension.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cheybey
1200 miles and very quiet. No rattles or noise. Prestige no sport suspension.
I have some drivers side noise. I figured out it is where the door card leather at the top left corner meets the door plastic. I can push lightly on that spot and the squeak goes away for a few days. Heading in for my 5K this week. Will see what they say.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Tucker74
You are definitely not alone. It may be quiet here, but there's a lengthy thread on the A7 board on the very same subject.

I have rattles from the same are near the windshield/front speaker. I also have a loud rattle on the driver's side front door. Can't tell if it's the b-pillar or door. Finally, I hear a slight noise from the steering wheel column any time I turn the wheel past 45 degrees or so. Sounds like plastic on plastic rubbing. I'm at 3500 miles and waiting for the first check up to report these issues.
The rattles that I hear sound like they are coming from a similar location as yours. I can normally deal with a little noise, but these are noticeable over the radio and are tough to ignore.

Also, just opened the unroof for the first time and there is a loud clicking sound coming from the interior (headliner) in the area where the sunroof resides when open. When I push upwards on the headliner in this area, I can replicate the clicking noise. Not sure if anyone else has had this experience.

Quick Reply: Squeaks and Rattles?