Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Squeaks and Rattles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Squeaks and Rattles?

Over in the A7 Forum there is a disturbing thread (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2808386) describing a number of A7 owners who have experienced "annoying noises" in a variety of places on their new A7(glove box, hud, left side of dash, right side of dash, trim around dash).

I would appreciate comments from new A6 owners about their experiences in this regard!

Many thanks!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost 3 months with car, 0 noises! I am really picky too
Old 09-23-2011, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my car for 6 days. The only noise I can have which is very minimal, but when I have the window on the driver's side I can here a faint "whistle" noise. Its not something that's deal breaker by any means but it is def. there.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

None for me after a month, and little noises drive me INSANE!!!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joseaudi
Almost 3 months with car, 0 noises! I am really picky too
Same here!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some rattling in dash

I've noticed a very very slight rattling coming from the dashboard when I go over rough pavement. It seems to be coming from the upper right center portion, near the windshield, but I haven't been able to isolate it. It's a very light muted rattle but it drives me crazy, because the rest of the car is so solid and quiet!

Also, one time just recently, I noticed some louder, metallic-sounding rattling coming from around the sunroof area. It's strange because I heard it intermittently just that one time and haven't heard it since. Maybe it was in my head.

Overall, however, the A6 is amazingly quiet.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nope, 1 month in and everything silent and this from a guy who got Audi to remove the dash on his Q7 to fix a rattle. It's a very well built car the A6.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm starting to notice creaking from the folding side mirrors (had it for two months). I set it to automatically fold the mirrors upon locking. I will get the dealership to fix on my first service appointment. Hopefully, this will not be a recurring noise that I will have to minimize the usage of the folding mirrors.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Rattling is gone

Originally Posted by Dedalus
I've noticed a very very slight rattling coming from the dashboard when I go over rough pavement. It seems to be coming from the upper right center portion, near the windshield, but I haven't been able to isolate it. It's a very light muted rattle but it drives me crazy, because the rest of the car is so solid and quiet!

Also, one time just recently, I noticed some louder, metallic-sounding rattling coming from around the sunroof area. It's strange because I heard it intermittently just that one time and haven't heard it since. Maybe it was in my head.

Overall, however, the A6 is amazingly quiet.
Just a follow-up to my earlier message. For some reason, both of the rattling noises I heard earlier in my A6 are now gone. I have no idea why - perhaps the hot weather had something to do with it? I guess I'll have to wait until next summer to see if they come back when it gets hot again.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have had my car since this Jan. There was a small vibration coming from the front left by the windsheild, near the speaker, when i drove it off the lot. I now have rattles near both front door armrests that are really annoying. I have less than 5000 miles, but will need to have it fixed when i bring the car in for its first service, because it is starting to ruin the driving experince a bit.

I have had about 5 Audis since 2004 (allroads, Q7, A4) and this is by far the worst experience that i have had in terms of interior rattles and squeaks.

From the comments on this forum, I may be alone.

Quick Reply: Squeaks and Rattles?