Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

So hard choosing color

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I drove to 5 different Audi dealers on the same day so that I could decide on a car after seeing it on the car. I went with oolong gray.
I have the Daytona Gray and am very happy with it. I'm thinking an S6 oolong gray with the black optics package will be next.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I found that I need cars with colors as close to the color of dirt as possible. Otherwise, I spend way too much time cleaning them.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 6-figure Audis have an option of matte finish. Wonder how that would be to maintain.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wanted phantom black but the oolong gray on the lot changed my mind. I get nothing but complements on the color and couldn't be happier with my decision.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

From your other thread, I saw you ended up with the moonlight. What was your thought process that lead you back?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looking at a few CPO's myself, time to come back after a brief hiatus. Scheduled to see a 2012 ooling gray with Nougat interior 3.0 on Tuesday. I dig the exterior but am having trouble digesting that color combo based on the pics. Does anyone have experience with this configuration? Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueAllroad
Looking at a few CPO's myself, time to come back after a brief hiatus. Scheduled to see a 2012 ooling gray with Nougat interior 3.0 on Tuesday. I dig the exterior but am having trouble digesting that color combo based on the pics. Does anyone have experience with this configuration? Thanks
I had that combo as a loaner car and liked it so much that I ordered the combo for my 2015 TDI Prestige.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mike-nd
The 6-figure Audis have an option of matte finish. Wonder how that would be to maintain.
They have one in my dealership's showroom - UGLY, UGLY, UGLY.

Did I mention that its ugly?
Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A6buyer
From your other thread, I saw you ended up with the moonlight. What was your thought process that lead you back?
We went to this dealership and two others to see all of the colors (by the way, none of them had any car in Aviator blue) - our heads were spinning.
Then we were looking at interior/exterior combinations

To complicate matters, wife fell in love with a new Jaguar XF, 340 HP S/C V6.
About the same price as the car that we bought, but the dash was boring and the car felt "heavy" to me.

In the end we went with our original instincts in choice of colors and car. We did go with the 3.0 engine.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlueAllroad
I just ordered a Moonlight blue A6 with the nougat interior. It has black dash carpets, etc.
I was careful to also order the black headliner, otherwise the car would have come with the standard silver tannish headliner. We saw one and it looked like poop.

Good luck in your search

Quick Reply: So hard choosing color