Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

So hard choosing color

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did Audi Exclusive on my A6. I did it somewhat blind. I googled the color and saw it on BMW's. I personally love it as I was not a fan of the offerings from the standard color wheel. It was a risk.

Here is one word or warning, if you go exclusive your build time might double. Mine did. Took 6 months to get it. There might have been many factors at play as I ordered a week after the order guide came out for 2013 and I think (don't quote me) 2013 was the first year of the C7 having the ability to do this. At least that is what I was told.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s1m1s1us
That being said, my wife and kids don't like the color, so choose wisely.
Isn't this the truth. Color is such a personal thing. You should pick the one you like (or since it's your wife's car let her pick) and then enjoy. It really shouldn't matter what somebody else's opinion of the color is.

That said, I saw an aviator blue A6 in the dealer's lot and really liked the color. It makes the car look luxurious and comfortable IMO. But I do think that you cannot make a mistake because all of the A6 colors look fantastic. It's just that they each have a distinct personality.

Personally, I prefer the look of a black Audi with tinted windows. To me that is the color this car is meant to be.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Ski
Black and White are out for my wife, so is red as she this would then be her 4th red car in a row.
What is wrong with 4 red cars in a row

My first 4 cars were all red.

Then I changed but I am back now to red again

Once you go red, nothing else needs to be said
Old 07-02-2014, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

For me it was nothing other than phantom black. Despite that I've always felt that the Audi sedans and avants are meant to be white even though that was not a color I wanted. The Audi blues also seem to be unique, and desirable.

Originally Posted by Silent Drone
Isn't this the truth. Color is such a personal thing. You should pick the one you like (or since it's your wife's car let her pick) and then enjoy. It really shouldn't matter what somebody else's opinion of the color is.

That said, I saw an aviator blue A6 in the dealer's lot and really liked the color. It makes the car look luxurious and comfortable IMO. But I do think that you cannot make a mistake because all of the A6 colors look fantastic. It's just that they each have a distinct personality.

Personally, I prefer the look of a black Audi with tinted windows. To me that is the color this car is meant to be.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mike-nd
For me it was nothing other than phantom black.
Me too.
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2014, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Amazing car. I've got all factory specs and love it but am impressed what you and others can do with an already awesome car.

Originally Posted by Silent Drone
Me too.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same issue with color choices. White/black/grey just wasn't for us. We ordered one with moonlight as we thought the aviator was just too grey in the showroom. I couldn't stand to wait (or the thought of paying for) a custom color. And the red for us was not the right shade - clashed with the wife's hair color.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

I drove to 5 different Audi dealers on the same day so that I could decide on a car after seeing it on the car. I went with oolong gray.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

See pic and sig.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

+1 for the oolong gray.

Quick Reply: So hard choosing color