Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

What Port does audi use in Germanyi

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Port does audi use in Germanyi

I am waiting for my new A6 which is sitting at a port in Germany and I am trying to find out which port Audi uses for American delivery San Diego is the Final destination.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Emden.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for your quick reply
Old 03-26-2014, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If you do an AW global search, you'll find several threads on how to determine which RoRo ship your car is on and track it on a map to the port in San Diego.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for your advice on the search idea.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here is some information I had found when

I was looking for similar information back in 2012: (note: since I am in the Northeast I knew my car was coming into Davisville, RI, hence the final instruction below is for that port. You can substitute your port for your info).

How to Track Audi Shipments:
1. Determine approximate loading/shipping date by talking to your dealer.

2. Go to http://www.pwl.de, click on the English flag for English language. Click on "schedules" on the left and scroll to the bottom to Volkswagen Logistics. Click on the PDF file associated with Volkswagen Logistics. This brings-up a file that has the current schedule. Note the ship that corresponds with your loaded on ship date. Download the document because it changes regularly, and once a ship is loaded it disappears from the schedule.

3. The shipping schedules can change. Many of the RO-RO carries are owned by either Wallenius-Wilhelmsen, Hoegh Lines, or Mitsui OSK lines to name a few. WW lets you track by VIN number so you can actually track your car by VIN for free. Mitsui OSK does not allow public VIN tracking, but if you know which ship you are on, you can track the schedule here (or go to http://molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx).

4. Once on the”molroro.com” website, enter the name of the vessel you obtained in Step 1 above in the box labeled “Vessel” on the upper left side. Then enter the port of departure (Emden for Audi) in the box labeles POD. Click on the button labeled “Search” on the left side and the upcoming schedule for that vessel will appear. This is updated whenever the ships schedule changes, so it pays to check this site from time to time.

4. For a visual graphic representation of the ships voyage, go to either marine traffic or vesseltracker.

6. Start tracking the ship. You can track it until it's off the Irish coast or through the North Sea depending on its destination track. You can see the ship "reappear" again around Halifax. It will disappear between Halifax and Quonset Port in Davisville, RI.

7. Check the “molroro.com” website from time to time for updated schedules.
8. An alternate approach, if you do not know the name of the vessel, is to go to the “molroro.com” website, and enter “Emden” in the box labeled POD (Port of Departure), then click the “Search” button. The different vessels scheduled to depart from Emden will be shown. If you know the approximate load/ship date of the car, you can guess which vessel it will be on. Click on that vessel’s name and you will be able to see the schedule for that voyage, with arrival times for all the various ports.

9. Once offloaded at Davisville, R.I., the vehicle is managed by NORAD, Inc. ( http://www.noradinc.com/index.php) where it is prepped and processed. All port-installed accessories are installed there, checks are made, and the vehicle is loaded on truck or rail to get to the dealership.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

This one is more up to date (the websites have changed since 2012):

1. Get the ETA "loaded on ship date" from your dealership. Your salesperson can pull up a list of dates on his computer.

2. Go to http://www.pwl.de, click on the English flag for English language. click on Sitemap on the upper right; click on the Liner>RoRo link; click on Schedule next to the VW Logisitics icon and download the file. This is a file that has the current schedule. Re download the document because it changes periodically and each month will roll to the next one.

3. After you have the load on ship date, you can match the date to your arrival port and to the ship name on the report.

4. Once you have deduced which ship you're car is on, go to the http://www.marinetraffic.com/en website and do a search for the ship's name. If it's in range of a land mass, you can see it on the map in port, approaching or departing.

5. Start tracking the ship on the map. You can track it until it's off the Irish coast. You will then see the ship "reappear" again around Halifax after 5 days or so. It may disappear from the map for part of the way between Halifax and Quonset Port in Davisville, RI.

6. Once the ship arrives in Davisville, your car will be offloaded, usually within 24 hours or less. Your car is now with Norad, Inc being processed at the port. After going through customs, port-installed accessories are being installed, checks and minor repairs, if necessary, are being made, and it's getting loaded on truck or rail to get to the dealership. It usually takes from 5 to 8 days at port and however long to get to your dealer.

Have fun.

Last edited by snagitseven; 03-30-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:20 PM
Banned

I've been telling Audi for years now that what they need is the Domino's Pizza Tracker in the Heavy Metal theme... "YOUR ORDER'S GETTING READY YOUR ORDER'S GETTING READY, YOUR ORDER'S GETTING RE-RE-READDDDY!"
Old 03-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would like to thank you guy's for all that information regarding the trip across the Atlantic and up the Pacific. And by the way my A6 is fully loaded With all the du dad that are available.

Hans
Old 03-27-2014, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You're welcome (and fyi, it's "all the doodads").

Quick Reply: What Port does audi use in Germanyi