Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Side Assist Failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Assist Failure

Anyone experiencing intermittent side assist failure? Mine will occasionally shut off and then flash the failure warning sign. Seems to be working fine otherwise. Maybe it gets overwhelmed keeping up with the LA traffic.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It shouldn't do that. Sounds like a sensor is failing. Only time I've seen it shut off the system is under very heavy rain. It did that when I had a Q7.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tucker74
Anyone experiencing intermittent side assist failure? Mine will occasionally shut off and then flash the failure warning sign. Seems to be working fine otherwise. Maybe it gets overwhelmed keeping up with the LA traffic.
It failed on me once within the first month, but has worked great since then
Old 04-17-2012, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
It failed on me once within the first month, but has worked great since then
Mine too. Shut off once, but by the next time I started the car again it was fine.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wolverinewizard
Mine too. Shut off once, but by the next time I started the car again it was fine.
Sounds like a trend here...it has given error 1 time since we bought it and then has been fine since it was restarted...
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like even one failure can cause a fatal accident if the system is trusted at an inopportune time. I don't have it, but I hope you guys are still checking your blindsides and maybe use the side assist as a double confirmation.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by organizedchaos
I feel like even one failure can cause a fatal accident if the system is trusted at an inopportune time. I don't have it, but I hope you guys are still checking your blindsides and maybe use the side assist as a double confirmation.
Always...I view the Side Assist in the same category as the Airbags, a supplemental system. In this case to my eyes
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Always...I view the Side Assist in the same category as the Airbags, a supplemental system. In this case to my eyes
Agreed...
Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tucker74
Yes - happened twice to me in about 5 months. Very odd thing in my case was that the failure occurred at the same exact location - both times I was pulling up to stop at the same stop light. Made me think that the location/circumstances had something to do with it, but didn't give it much thought. After the failure warning, I pushed the button on the driver's door to reengage the system - seemed to work after that.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

My side assist failed once during the second month of driving (during rush hour traffic). I tried to push the button to re-engage the system but it didn't work. But after shutting down the car and re-starting, the side assist worked again. When I took it for servicing during my first visit and mentioned the failure, the service rep advised me that the car computer noted the fault occured but they didn't know what caused it. I was advised the next time it happens, to bring the car into service right away while the fault is still occuring so that they can troubleshoot what caused it. Luckily, it hasn't re-occured (yet).

Last edited by carbuff_2; 04-18-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Side Assist Failure