Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Shipping Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thousands of cars are purchased online via ebay using inspection services. my rule is always buy from a audi dealer, look for full service history via carfax and use an inspection service. my last purchase cost me $100 for the inspection (very detailed) $1200 shipping
coast to coast (PA to WA) and I still saved over $3K but mainly.. I got exactly what I wanted and was 100% satisfied.

btw..I found it difficult to find locally exactly what I wanted especially A6's properly equipt'd with a full service history especially the 30k service but lets not forget the right shade of *grey

Last edited by mystrodo; 06-21-2017 at 06:12 AM. Reason: added stuff
Old 07-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured I'd add this little update! I finally landed an A6 and brought it home last night. It's a 2016 A6 S-Line 2.0 T moonlight blue with the brown interior. The car was for sale at a local dealer which saved me from the worry and hassles of shipping, inspections, getting it titled etc. I've been watching the car online for a bit now. The vehicle was owned less than a year with only 3,900 miles. It's was being sold by one of the local monster dealerships which represents nearly every brand. It was first listed for sale at their Nissan/Infiniti dealer where they wanted way too much money and of course the CPO aspect was unavailable. I could determine from the CarFax that it was locally owned and had originated from the monster dealer's Audi dealership where it was purchased and serviced. My plan of attack was to sit back and watch the price fall with hopes it would end up back to the Audi dealer. To my dismay, it disappeared online for a week or two when I assumed they must have found a sucker who was willing to overpay for it given its age and mileage. Dismissing the car I continued on my search. The Audi dealer in question had one of their service vehicles listed for sale. It didn't have all the options I wanted but figured it was worth a gander and a test drive since I hadn't actually had the opportunity to test drive one of the newer A6s yet. Arriving at the dealership I was immediately met by a dealer before I had the opportunity to look over the inventory on the lot. He asked what I was interested in looking at and I explained I came to look at a 2016 A6. He asked if it was the midnight blue one I was interested in seeing. As he pointed in the cars direction, my jaw nearly dropped.... There she was hidden in a corner waiting for me.....like destiny! It had recently been moved to their inventory from the Infiniti dealer. They hadn't had the opportunity yet to fully detail and establish the listing so it was hidden in a back corner. Part of me was a bit apprehensive of proceeding as this was entirely unexpected and I didn't anticipate buying anything that day. He offered the test drive and away we went. While holding back the smile, I reminded myself that they probably want even more money now that the car is it was likely CPO and I probably can't afford it. Upon finishing the test drive, I was of course invited in to discuss the numbers. I had no idea what to expect and figured it would be a short visit. To my dismay, they came back with a reasonable price including the CPO and Audi was offering some rather handsome finance rates. I think you can assume the rest! I'll admit that I did spend a little more than I wanted but figured knowing the history of the car, fewer hassles, cerfitied, and this helped me establish a relationship with a local Audi dealer was worth a little more. I'm sure I'll pop in the forum as questions arise!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Danstr1
Figured I'd add this little update! I finally landed an A6 and brought it home last night. It's a 2016 A6 S-Line 2.0 T moonlight blue with the brown interior. The car was for sale at a local dealer which saved me from the worry and hassles of shipping, inspections, getting it titled etc. I've been watching the car online for a bit now. The vehicle was owned less than a year with only 3,900 miles. It's was being sold by one of the local monster dealerships which represents nearly every brand. It was first listed for sale at their Nissan/Infiniti dealer where they wanted way too much money and of course the CPO aspect was unavailable. I could determine from the CarFax that it was locally owned and had originated from the monster dealer's Audi dealership where it was purchased and serviced. My plan of attack was to sit back and watch the price fall with hopes it would end up back to the Audi dealer. To my dismay, it disappeared online for a week or two when I assumed they must have found a sucker who was willing to overpay for it given its age and mileage. Dismissing the car I continued on my search. The Audi dealer in question had one of their service vehicles listed for sale. It didn't have all the options I wanted but figured it was worth a gander and a test drive since I hadn't actually had the opportunity to test drive one of the newer A6s yet. Arriving at the dealership I was immediately met by a dealer before I had the opportunity to look over the inventory on the lot. He asked what I was interested in looking at and I explained I came to look at a 2016 A6. He asked if it was the midnight blue one I was interested in seeing. As he pointed in the cars direction, my jaw nearly dropped.... There she was hidden in a corner waiting for me.....like destiny! It had recently been moved to their inventory from the Infiniti dealer. They hadn't had the opportunity yet to fully detail and establish the listing so it was hidden in a back corner. Part of me was a bit apprehensive of proceeding as this was entirely unexpected and I didn't anticipate buying anything that day. He offered the test drive and away we went. While holding back the smile, I reminded myself that they probably want even more money now that the car is it was likely CPO and I probably can't afford it. Upon finishing the test drive, I was of course invited in to discuss the numbers. I had no idea what to expect and figured it would be a short visit. To my dismay, they came back with a reasonable price including the CPO and Audi was offering some rather handsome finance rates. I think you can assume the rest! I'll admit that I did spend a little more than I wanted but figured knowing the history of the car, fewer hassles, cerfitied, and this helped me establish a relationship with a local Audi dealer was worth a little more. I'm sure I'll pop in the forum as questions arise!
See good things DO come to those that wait. Awesome, to hear. Glad it worked out for you. Now ENJOY!!!!!!!