Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Service says no problem for known TSBs - Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So they got back to me, they said the MMI update did come up for speaker popping, but not to fix BT issues, and as I originally said the problem was BT issues that it doesn't reply. I asked them to look into whether this can be applied anyway as a newer version might resolve my issues. I said I could complain about popping if that would help... I said I would really appreciate it if we could get the update applied.

Anyway I guess they are going to ask the regional Audi guy(?) about it...

This is grueling.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

As to the MMI 0715 update TSB not recognizing that it also addresses the Bluetooth audio info issue, all I can think of is the previous 0609 MMI version actually included the fix before 0715 came along. I had 0566 which exhibited the problem and 0715, which would have inc'uded any improvements in 0609, solved it. Unfortunately, to add to the possible confusion, 0609, which appeared in the latter half of MY2013s was not available as an update for earlier versions by Audi so those of us that went from 0566 or earlier directly to 0715 may have assumed 0715 was the version that fixed it.

What a confusing mess these MMI versions and updates can be. No wonder that many dealers often have no clue what version fixes what and to which cars and when an update can/should be applied under warranty. Audi needs to do better.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
As to the MMI 0715 update TSB not recognizing that it also addresses the Bluetooth audio info issue, all I can think of is the previous 0609 MMI version actually included the fix before 0715 came along. I had 0566 which exhibited the problem and 0715, which would have inc'uded any improvements in 0609, solved it. Unfortunately, to add to the possible confusion, 0609, which appeared in the latter half of MY2013s was not available as an update for earlier versions by Audi so those of us that went from 0566 or earlier directly to 0715 may have assumed 0715 was the version that fixed it.

What a confusing mess these MMI versions and updates can be. No wonder that many dealers often have no clue what version fixes what and to which cars and when an update can/should be applied under warranty. Audi needs to do better.
Yeah, feels like if I had led with the speaker pop all would be resolved, but clearly this update adds features and has general improvements, like the Bose improvement. Seems like it just makes sense to update peoples software!

I told them if it comes down to a question of Audi not approving it that they should let me talk direct to the Audi representative making that decision.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So good news and bad news. They went to special lengths and are installing the engine shutoff fix. Required a conversation with techline?

Bad news the regional Audi guy is denying the MMI upgrade until I can demonstrate to then the BT problem or the speaker pop. Basically they have to hear it for themselves before they will do it. Makes it hard to do when the BT issue is intermittent. Seems ridiculous. I am going to follow up with AoA tonight but I guess at this point being a long term loyal customer doesn't count for much as far as getting an infotainment upgrade.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
So good news and bad news. They went to special lengths and are installing the engine shutoff fix. Required a conversation with techline?

Bad news the regional Audi guy is denying the MMI upgrade until I can demonstrate to then the BT problem or the speaker pop. Basically they have to hear it for themselves before they will do it. Makes it hard to do when the BT issue is intermittent. Seems ridiculous. I am going to follow up with AoA tonight but I guess at this point being a long term loyal customer doesn't count for much as far as getting an infotainment upgrade.
Thats a load of crap. I didn't have to demonstrate anything. I told them the Bluetooth audio quality sucked, they did the update to 715-2.

I swear, the more I hear about Audis service practices, the more I dislike this company.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with an Audi "advocate" arguing about getting this update applied. Her line was unless they can see it they can't update it. It didn't seem like she had any influence anyway... She is going to call the dealership and let them know I would like to speak to the Audi field tech.

Why didn't they ask me to demonstrate it when I dropped off the car!!!! Anyway I said to her it happens very infrequently so how am I supposed to get lucky and have it happen in front of the service guy, she just stuck to they can't apply it without seeing it!!!

I said it was a software update, what is the worst that can happen, my system gets better? I said as a courtesy to a loyal customer who has bought 3 new and 1 CPO in a row can they just apply the damn update? Nothing.

I said I can't drive an hour down there, try and reproduce and intermittent problem, if I did reproduce they would then need to keep the car, so I could drive an hour back to work, wait for the update and then drive an hour back to the dealer. Pick up my car, and drive an hour home. MADNESS.

I am going to try and get a phone conversation with the Audi "field tech" tomorrow but I am not holding my breath...

This is a tiny issue that I may be blowing out of proportion, but Audi's unwillingness to just give me the benefit of the doubt to make me happy is really annoying me. Good will for this brand is fading.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dwboston
The information you need to provide them (including TSB number) is in this post: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=99

My dealer couldn't find anything in their systems when I mentioned bluetooth issues to them. The info in the linked post above contains everything they need to find the update in their systems. My dealer also had no idea what 715-2 meant. In my case, the audio popping was the key that got them to agree to the update.
I think you are right. I think my mistake was trying to pin it on a BT problem. I probably have 0566 and they are not seeing BT as a reason to upgrade me to 0715. I should have gone in with the speakers popping. Seems kind of tough to introduce that as a problem at this point...

As I mentioned earlier the service dept. kind of pointed to that as something that would have qualified and I said if it takes me telling you I am having that problem, then I am having that problem, not sure that worked for her.

I'll give it a push if I can get to the field service guy tomorrow, otherwise I am stuck with my awful Bose sound which is the thing I really wanted fixed.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I think you are right. I think my mistake was trying to pin it on a BT problem. I probably have 0566 and they are not seeing BT as a reason to upgrade me to 0715. I should have gone in with the speakers popping. Seems kind of tough to introduce that as a problem at this point...

As I mentioned earlier the service dept. kind of pointed to that as something that would have qualified and I said if it takes me telling you I am having that problem, then I am having that problem, not sure that worked for her.

I'll give it a push if I can get to the field service guy tomorrow, otherwise I am stuck with my awful Bose sound which is the thing I really wanted fixed.
In my case, I really did have the audio popping. It happened maybe 4-5 times, including the first time I drove the car off the lot after buying it. Sounded like a rock hitting the windshield, with an audio cutout immediately after. It hasn't happened since the update.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OK, I got denied by the field tech, he wouldn't talk to me. No MMI update for me and I don't have the energy to fight it anymore. Very disappointing.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And which software do you use with your cheap

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I have to recode some stuff after the MMI update. Bought another Chinese cable. I can buy 11 of them for what a Ross-Tech one costs and this is only my third.
Chinese knockoff cable? VCDS? Seems to me if you can afford to drive (not to mention heavily mod) your A6 you should be able to support the company that writes and continuously updates the VCDS software.

Quick Reply: Service says no problem for known TSBs - Help