Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Seats "rocking" a little

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seats "rocking" a little

Does anybody else have a slight issue with their 2013 a6 seats?

Feels like the back of the seats are rocking a little and they have a little "play" in them.

Notice especially during stop and go traffic. Just doesn't feel solid.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My C5, had the slightest little give in it. Personally I never had it checked out. My Pathfinder has what I would consider a significant amount of play. One guy said it is the motor under the seat causing this. Not sure how seeing that if the seat is set all the way back, the "play" stops. I have not noticed this in my C7 yet though. I also have not checked the motor in the Pathfinder due to the cold garage. Perhaps it is a similar problem.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

My seats are rock solid. Get yours checked - something may not be torqued down properly.

(The ejection rocket motors may just need a bit of tightening).

Last edited by snagitseven; 01-21-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Ditto

I had this a bit on my 2006 A4 but not on my subsequent three Audi's inlcudng the curent C7 A6.

Is it possible your car knows your AW "handle/screen name" and thought "that's how he likes it, rockin!" - just kidding.

The other tought I had seeing you have a Prestifge is do you have massagin setas?
Love the Quartz - that's what I have on my lowly 2013 A6 2.0 QT Premium+

Last edited by irenesbob; 01-21-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

My 2010 Q5 started to have this after about 10k miles, no issues in the A6 yet.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2012 is doing the same thing. When I come to a stop it feels like there is some play (forward/back) in there. Haven't had it checked out but will on the next service. The passenger does it as well (to a lesser extent) so I thought it was "normal".
Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It is kinda annoying, especially in stop and go traffic.

This is the 1st time I've felt that in any of my 4 Audi's.

I'm assuming it'll only get worse. That small amount of play can get looser as the seat continues to work itself back and forth.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine now just developed this issue now with only 6000 miles. It feels as if it is inside the upper part of the seat. Kinda clicks on starts and stops. Not major but not luxury by any stretch. I'm not a big guy to bust a seat. Even my company Town and Country van with 140,000 miles is still solid.

So far I'm not too impressed with the Audi after owning almost every kind of car you can think of. Definitely below my BMW. Probably dump it after 2 years or so

Issues to date

Brakes - very grabby and unable to get car to a soft quiet stop

Transmission - even after the software update, it still is unimpressive...very jetta-like.
Most likely due to the 8 speed tranny. Always shifting and not the smoothest unless you drive like grandma.

Seats - starting to rock during braking/acceleration from deep within the seat. Also starting to have rear seat squeaks and rattles and no one has even used them yet !!

...and now you have to worry about 3.0T engine carbon buildup. Judging from the soot at the exhaust tips...problems are sure to happen now that Audi has extended the warranty for 10yr/120K miles on this issue

Basically the above is the essence of driving. As far as speed goes, sure its fine but so is a BMW 535. As far as comfort, a Lexus GS or MB E Class and Caddy CTS-V have it beat. Seats..BMW and Caddy CTS-V all the way. Audi should take lessons.

So once again...Brakes, Tranny and Seats...thats the daily stuff that should be a given. Even my Town and Country does not have these BASIC issues. Sure it has MANY faults but at half the cost of the Audi, one would expect (forgive) those shortcomings.

Am I alone in this sentiment??

Last edited by Slant83; 08-19-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Overall, I really like my a6 and think it's a pretty fantastic car.

A few minor issues with a couple of rattles and things that are minor annoyances. The seat does bother me the most and that minor play and "rock" still bothers me.

The brakes are very grabby and I have noticed that as well. Other than the sunroof visor than was rattling over bumps and replaced under warranty, I haven't had too many issues.

There has to be some issue for the seat and it's good to know I'm no making things up and other people are feeling what I am.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
The brakes are very grabby and I have noticed that as well. Other than the sunroof visor than was rattling over bumps and replaced under warranty, I haven't had too many issues.
It took awhile but I've noticed my brakes have become much smoother. I used to get a small amount of "dead peddle" and then they would "grab/slam" during a fast brake. "Squeezing" the pedal during normal braking was fine. The fast brake "grab" was almost completely gone after 6K miles or so.

Quick Reply: Seats "rocking" a little