Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

School me please

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default School me please

I did a search but without much result. I'd like to know the common issues (and at what miles) the C7 is known for. How does the 2.0 compare to the 3.0 if you're just looking for a daily driver? I've owned several BMW's and got to be a pretty good DIY'r.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by oscarbravo
I did a search but without much result. I'd like to know the common issues (and at what miles) the C7 is known for. How does the 2.0 compare to the 3.0 if you're just looking for a daily driver? I've owned several BMW's and got to be a pretty good DIY'r.

Thanks in advance.
My contribution to this thread:
1. Front seat controls sometimes stop working. This can happen at any mileage as it is a poor power plug connection (even though it is connected correctly, the slightest movement could render the car seat controls useless). Just get under your seat and wiggle the power connection point and it should start working again.

I drive a 3.0T and have no complaints with it. I like the smooth power band of the supercharged engine versus a turbocharged engine that kicks in at 3k+ rpm.
I came from a BMW and found my C7 Audi to be powerful yet a more comfortable ride (good blend of luxury + performance, while bmw is more performance).
Old 10-01-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I moved from a 325 ZSP to a 2L A6.

I almost immediately stopped DIY'ing, partly because there were a lot of new little tools I needed to purchase to take things apart, and partly because the car has been totally solid in 15 months of ownership. By comparison, at 15 months ownership, the BMW needed new brakes, new disks and a refresh on the brake fluid. Then it needed 2 new control arms, then it was on to the water pump, and the OFHG... I have had none of that in the A6. Still, there are potential issues that seem difficult to tackle for me on the A6, including a turbo to deal with, the possibility that the direct inject motor will need a thorough intake cleaning soon, and the fact that I need software to change my own brakes.

I do miss several things about the 325 including the sound of the deep, present and exciting engine, The manual transmission. The feeling in the steering wheel when you push it a bit hard in a turn. A little smaller car for sure.

The Audi is much more comfortable on long trip, hell, on the highway it's smoother than butter and you can't hear the engine. That part is great for long trips but sucks hard in the city I find. My MPG is abysmal when in traffic too.

Still thinking to move back to BMW but, ... the brown leather, ... the light package, ... the xenons, ....the sound,....Aaaargh!