Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Reliability of 14 A6 TDI approaching 91k?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reliability of 14 A6 TDI approaching 91k?

Hi everyone.

I have 91K on my A6 TDI as a second owner. It now has 92K. In the past year I have had some significant repairs covered by Diesel Gate (Exhaust manifold oil leak, and a check engine light that ended up being TDI part (Filter of something) that was another $1500 covered under the warranty. My friend says sell the car as demons will start appearing over 100K. I know the warranty expires then. The car is in perfect shape currently and my mind says "Nothing major will go wrong" I also know the engines last forever but just don't know what demons pop up as the car gets older. I don't think it is fair for him to automatically assume on any Audi that there will be high repair bills soon. Thoughts?
Old 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm past 140K miles on mine. Had a few things gone bad like the plastic plumbing in the valley that feeds the oil cooler and EGR cooler. Set me back $1000. If you have no emissions inspection in your state you could delete the DPF and and blank the EGR, it will significantly increase the longevity. I'm starting to leak some oil, nothing major no drips to the driveway. Was quoted $2000 to fix it as it is coming from the valve covers, not a minor job as the injectors have to come out. A side from that it's been pretty much bullet proof.