Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Red iPod Cable Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevial
Should work for that software version yes.
Great thanks for the reply.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

your software should does support the cable. If it didn't you would get an error message that the cable isnt supported, or you would see an unsupported cable message.

try Powering off you iPhone and powering it back on again and try connecting it again.

Also try going into settings and see if track info is checked.
Album cover art now shows up on two separate screen settings. First, I connected my iPhone 4S (w/red cable). Under "Media", selected the iPhone, and viewed folders with purchased music, etc. At this point, no cover art was being displayed although I could select and play songs from various folders. From this screen, I selected "Settings" (lower right button) and then checked "Track Info" (it wasn't checked) as you suggested. This enabled songs in the first screen (hit "Return) to show the artist, album name, time remaining in the song, and the cover art.

The other screen which now shows album cover art is in the "Functions" screen (lower left button) which gives the options to pause, fast forward, fast reverse, etc.

Looks and works great! Thanks for your help.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gb4.2
Album cover art now shows up on two separate screen settings. First, I connected my iPhone 4S (w/red cable). Under "Media", selected the iPhone, and viewed folders with purchased music, etc. At this point, no cover art was being displayed although I could select and play songs from various folders. From this screen, I selected "Settings" (lower right button) and then checked "Track Info" (it wasn't checked) as you suggested. This enabled songs in the first screen (hit "Return) to show the artist, album name, time remaining in the song, and the cover art.

The other screen which now shows album cover art is in the "Functions" screen (lower left button) which gives the options to pause, fast forward, fast reverse, etc.

Looks and works great! Thanks for your help.
Glad it worked
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

You might want to read the article on page D1 of the May 9th Wall Street Journal that is titled "New Driver's Ed: Tutors to Decode High-Tech Dashboards". Other cars are also hard to learn. I hope Audi creates a IPad tutorial to help customers master all the features.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Glad it worked
Just to clarify, the album cover art showed up on the "Functions" screen WITHOUT having checked the "Track Info" box.

After I checked the box for "Track Info", the cover art appeared on the first screen where songs are listed in the user folders. Selecting "Track Info" applies only to this screen.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tomk
You might want to read the article on page D1 of the May 9th Wall Street Journal that is titled "New Driver's Ed: Tutors to Decode High-Tech Dashboards". Other cars are also hard to learn. I hope Audi creates a IPad tutorial to help customers master all the features.
Just read the article. The vehicles' infotainment systems have evolved much faster than the typical sales staff has been trained to understand, much less train customers. The technology is great but way underutilized by most consumers who simply give up when faced with the breadth and scope of even the best of systems like Audi's MMI. Few want to spend the "quality time" in their vehicles to read the manuals and "play" with these complex systems because they simply fear they'll press the "wrong" button.

I agree--Audi should lead in the customer training by introducing an iPad app tutorial for customers and their sales staff.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default problem with red cable and gen 4 ipod nano

I hope someone can help. I'm a new owner of a 2012 A6 Prestige, got the red grommet ipod adapter cable, but when I connect my gen 4 ipod nano, I get an error message stating "This Ipod is not supported". I have the 4087 software in the MMI and the ipod SW is up to date according to apple. thanks in advance.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BSullivan
I hope someone can help. I'm a new owner of a 2012 A6 Prestige, got the red grommet ipod adapter cable, but when I connect my gen 4 ipod nano, I get an error message stating "This Ipod is not supported". I have the 4087 software in the MMI and the ipod SW is up to date according to apple. thanks in advance.
Correction to my original post. The software version should state P0487.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this helps, but I have a 2012 A6 as well, have updated software, or at least updated enough to work, and I tried using an older ipod touch and it would not work. I ordered a refubished ipod touch, 3rd generation, not 4th, and it worked perfectly for showing the album covers. I haven't tried to play the videos, but I don't really care about that. Not really watching videos while i drive, but I do have VIM enabled through VAG coding.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, I just tried my wife's 3rd gen Ipod nano and got the same message.

Quick Reply: Red iPod Cable Information