Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Red iPod Cable Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm bringing my car in friday morning for my first service and a check engine light and flat tire, i don't think they wanna do this update
Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickelin
Strange, .avi files don't even show up on my display. The owners manual only lists audio file formats, except mp4 no video formats. Do you have the part no of your cable?
Tried a bunch of different avis and just about every video format I could find. The only format that is even listed on the MMI screen are mp4, all other formats are ignored and not displayed. Mp4 s play sound only. Anyone else able to watch video files from USB? What formats? Which cable?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I gave them all the info, and they said nothing was available for my car. They are calling Audi of America today to get more info. Boo
Old 02-18-2012, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by fdot
I gave them all the info, and they said nothing was available for my car. They are calling Audi of America today to get more info. Boo
Same here
Old 02-18-2012, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by joseaudi
Same here
uffffffff I'm agravated.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome news! Was at my dealer yesterday and asked if they would swap my Blue cable for the Red one, and they agreed!

I did have to Power On/Power Off my iPhone 3Gs to get it to work. Now I see the Video folder, it is great!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Tried a bunch of different avis and just about every video format I could find. The only format that is even listed on the MMI screen are mp4, all other formats are ignored and not displayed. Mp4 s play sound only. Anyone else able to watch video files from USB? What formats? Which cable?
Sorry if this has been mentioned previously... I have the Red Cable - Video was working from my iPhone and it had quit after a trip to the dealership, only hearing sound - no video with MP4s. After a few days of trying a bunch of things and almost calling the dealership to ask if a system update was performed, i decided to try the simplest thing which was to power off the iPhone... I powered down the iphone and powered back up, and the video was working. Not sure if this is your issue, but worked for me.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bclarkMN
Sorry if this has been mentioned previously... I have the Red Cable - Video was working from my iPhone and it had quit after a trip to the dealership, only hearing sound - no video with MP4s. After a few days of trying a bunch of things and almost calling the dealership to ask if a system update was performed, i decided to try the simplest thing which was to power off the iPhone... I powered down the iphone and powered back up, and the video was working. Not sure if this is your issue, but worked for me.
Unfortunately no, that's not my issue. My question was regarding USB disk, not iPhone.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Unfortunately no, that's not my issue. My question was regarding USB disk, not iPhone.
Whether the playback of videos are from USB, MMC, or the built-in HDD, all u have to do is convert the video to the specified file type and the maximum frame rate indicated in the user manual under the multimedia section.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ishh
Whether the playback of videos are from USB, MMC, or the built-in HDD, all u have to do is convert the video to the specified file type and the maximum frame rate indicated in the user manual under the multimedia section.
Problem is, my manual doesn't specify any file format specs for video, only for audio. Could you please post the video specs from your manual? Thx

Quick Reply: Red iPod Cable Information