Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Ready for TDI Recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a point of info for y'all. Initial TDI recall completed 2/18, and fix to the fix completed 9/19. We have had no issues with either "fix" Mileage still excellent. The only real thing I noticed was extended hi idle when starting from cold iron and that was noticed after the first 2/18 recall.
i
Old 02-19-2020, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had "Fix" x 2 and no issues...Love this car!!
Old 02-19-2020, 07:11 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default rainy parade

Yeah...hate to rain on your parade but I had 'the' fix 1/18. Then after maybe 5, 6 cels and multiple o2 sensor failures there came along fix #2 and had it done around 10/19. All was ducky...no cels, smooth running, lotsa torque but then it began happening a couple months ago..the hesitation, the jerky unsteady throttle feed....
Old 02-19-2020, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Boy that is ashame......I will wait and see what transpires..but so far so good...I purchased it new in April 2018 and the fix done @ 5 miles on OD, so really have nothing to compare to...So glad I have the B I G warranty!!
Old 02-19-2020, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get multiple CEL's a month all attributed to a DPF blockage. Own 4 other diesels as well and all exhibit similar properties when the DPF becomes blocked. A quick 100mph sprint down the highway heats it up and solves that. For the other vehicles (trucks) we just let them regen by driving extended distances. HAVE not had the recall done yet.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer said he had to see if the second fix was covered under warranty??? would not let me schedule until they got back to me. Being a mechanic for many years, and after visiting my service shop (and seeing those who work there), I hesitate to bring it in for anything. Also, when anything needs to be done under the vehicle, I always need to ask that they please make sure that the replace ALL the fasteners on the covers. Usually they leave a few off.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanket
My dealer said he had to see if the second fix was covered under warranty??? would not let me schedule until they got back to me. Being a mechanic for many years, and after visiting my service shop (and seeing those who work there), I hesitate to bring it in for anything. Also, when anything needs to be done under the vehicle, I always need to ask that they please make sure that the replace ALL the fasteners on the covers. Usually they leave a few off.
Hi Tanklet, Go to audiusa.com scroll to the bottom and click on recall/service campaigns. Enter your VIN, scroll down and you should see "Audi Action Code 23Z8" which says:

START DATE
Aug 14, 2019
AUDI ACTION CODE
23Z8
DESCRIPTIONAudi is releasing a software calibration update to the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM) to improve on-board diagnostics (OBD) monitoring of vehicle emissions systems and provide other improvements to the software used by the vehicle. Additionally, to reduce soot accumulation affecting the oxygen sensor, it is necessary to replace and relocate the sensor, which requires replacement of the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and diesel particulate filter (DPF).

REMEDYReplace and relocate the sensor, which requires replacement of the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and diesel particulate filter (DPF).

---

I just looked in my records and Audi sent me a letter about this issue dated: July 2019 where they say fix will take 4 hours and dealer will provide a loaner free of charge.

Hope it helps.

Old 03-01-2020, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014a6tdi
Hi Tanklet, Go to audiusa.com scroll to the bottom and click on recall/service campaigns. Enter your VIN, scroll down and you should see "Audi Action Code 23Z8" which says:

START DATE
Aug 14, 2019
AUDI ACTION CODE
23Z8
DESCRIPTIONAudi is releasing a software calibration update to the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM) to improve on-board diagnostics (OBD) monitoring of vehicle emissions systems and provide other improvements to the software used by the vehicle. Additionally, to reduce soot accumulation affecting the oxygen sensor, it is necessary to replace and relocate the sensor, which requires replacement of the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and diesel particulate filter (DPF).

REMEDYReplace and relocate the sensor, which requires replacement of the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) and diesel particulate filter (DPF).

---

I just looked in my records and Audi sent me a letter about this issue dated: July 2019 where they say fix will take 4 hours and dealer will provide a loaner free of charge.

Hope it helps.
Thanks, printed it out....
Old 03-10-2020, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

At just 93,000 miles finally had the dreaded "fix" done. They had it done in one day and the car so far is perfect, slightly higher idle when cold, but slower when hot, about 750 now warm used to be between 800 and 900. It does seem to hold a lower gear then before when cruising on flat ground at 50 it is often in 6th or 7th where before it always went right to 8th. If I manually in sport mode shift it goes to 8th and stays there on flat ground. Shifts are smooth, no hesitation in slow or fast starts. No smells, no odor, mileage on a 50 mile run was 39mpg at 75 mph with up and down hill so about the same as before. They even filled the fuel tank full without asking, everything was done just as outlined in the warranty booklet sent with the "diesel gate" documents. Glad to get my second $4350 payment!! This dealer even sent a video the tech shot of the multi point check showing on the video brake pad thickness, tire depth etc. Glad to be at this newer dealer in the KC area.
The following users liked this post:
meausoc (04-14-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by davidglt66
At just 93,000 miles finally had the dreaded "fix" done. They had it done in one day and the car so far is perfect, slightly higher idle when cold, but slower when hot, about 750 now warm used to be between 800 and 900. It does seem to hold a lower gear then before when cruising on flat ground at 50 it is often in 6th or 7th where before it always went right to 8th. If I manually in sport mode shift it goes to 8th and stays there on flat ground. Shifts are smooth, no hesitation in slow or fast starts. No smells, no odor, mileage on a 50 mile run was 39mpg at 75 mph with up and down hill so about the same as before. They even filled the fuel tank full without asking, everything was done just as outlined in the warranty booklet sent with the "diesel gate" documents. Glad to get my second $4350 payment!! This dealer even sent a video the tech shot of the multi point check showing on the video brake pad thickness, tire depth etc. Glad to be at this newer dealer in the KC area.
That's great to hear. My car is getting the work done right now and I'll be interested to see what its like once I have it back. I dropped it off with the 50 miles of gas warning indicator lit up. Free fuel, you know?

How long did it take to get the second half of the settlement?

Quick Reply: Ready for TDI Recall