Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Putting my front plate on :/

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You think that will work on the 2013 S6? I get mine in 2 weeks!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rizzoach
You think that will work on the 2013 S6? I get mine in 2 weeks!

The hide away plate I meant.

http://swiftmotorsports.com/index.ph...oducts_id=1838
Old 08-22-2012, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Rizzoach
Unfortunately not, unless you mount it under the front spoiler. I looked as well but there are notches coming down in between the grill and that little spoiler lip that would inhibit anything hiding inside there. I ordered mine without the front plate bracket and just going to take my chances.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chicago blows for having no front plate. The popo checks cars when they're parked on the street or in lots and gives tickets. I always seem to get the tickets at a certain courthouse (I'm an attorney, not a defendant). The tow hook plate holder is actually a great idea for me so I can just put the plate on when I'm parked. I've never gotten a ticket while driving for just no front plate.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaS6
Chicago blows for having no front plate. The popo checks cars when they're parked on the street or in lots and gives tickets. I always seem to get the tickets at a certain courthouse (I'm an attorney, not a defendant). The tow hook plate holder is actually a great idea for me so I can just put the plate on when I'm parked. I've never gotten a ticket while driving for just no front plate.
I second that. In my two door car days I received them often here in the burbs. Since I moved to sedans the police seem to not care as much. Last time I was pulled over in the Audi for speeding the cop made a comment about the absense of a front plate. I made a stupid comment, she laughed, gave me my speeding ticket and I was off. Knock on wood as I don't plan on doing a front plate on this car either as this grill is just to tough to have plate on it.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by WannaS6
Agreed. I register out of state to avoid this, but I saw a page where a guy describes his solution, which I thought was elegant.

He essentially put some rare-earth magnets on the back of a cut-down bracket, plastidipped the whole thing, and put another set of magnets on the inside of the bumper. When he needed to use the plate, he just put it in the right spot and it held.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GiantEli
Agreed. I register out of state to avoid this, but I saw a page where a guy describes his solution, which I thought was elegant.

He essentially put some rare-earth magnets on the back of a cut-down bracket, plastidipped the whole thing, and put another set of magnets on the inside of the bumper. When he needed to use the plate, he just put it in the right spot and it held.
How do you register out of state? Use a relatives house or have another residence somewhere else? Just curious as I am wanting to do the same in the very near future.

NY is now proposing a law in which if you have tint on your windows your car will fail inspection.

Anyway, I bought that tow hook plate for $70 for my TL as I got the front end redone and wanted no holes. I will see how it looks when it comes to me. I don't think it would look nice on the A6, I would have gotten the swift plate for my TL but my car is dropped on coilovers and I would rip that thing off.