Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Putting my front plate on :/

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting my front plate on :/

I am biting the bullet and putting the front plate on. Can't deal with the tickets anymore.

I never had a front plate on my 5 series and never got in trouble for that. I would pass by cops and checkpoints and be waved through everyday. My tints were dark, my plate was off and the cops did not care. No one ever stopped me.

However something changed when I got the A6. Have racked up too many tickets, now they a few courts have asked me to come in for a plate ticket LOL, before I could just sign it off and mail it in and no fine or anything, now they ask you to come in and reduce it to $15 and tack on a $85 court fee so you pay $100. The ticket normally is $150.

My daily driver also started getting hassled so I will be drilling into that car as well.

Its either have tints and a plate or, no plate and no tints, cant have it both ways.

I will be taking the drill out today. :C. The A6 looks so awesome without a front plate, oh well :C.

Just wanted to share.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I am biting the bullet and putting the front plate on. Can't deal with the tickets anymore.

I never had a front plate on my 5 series and never got in trouble for that. I would pass by cops and checkpoints and be waved through everyday. My tints were dark, my plate was off and the cops did not care. No one ever stopped me.

However something changed when I got the A6. Have racked up too many tickets, now they a few courts have asked me to come in for a plate ticket LOL, before I could just sign it off and mail it in and no fine or anything, now they ask you to come in and reduce it to $15 and tack on a $85 court fee so you pay $100. The ticket normally is $150.

My daily driver also started getting hassled so I will be drilling into that car as well.

Its either have tints and a plate or, no plate and no tints, cant have it both ways.

I will be taking the drill out today. :C. The A6 looks so awesome without a front plate, oh well :C.

Just wanted to share.
Wait! Don't Drill just yet!!!

I am talking with a seller on ebay who is making a mount that you screw into the Tow Hook screw hole, so you don't have to drill.

He said the following: "I've got one coming for the current Gen a6. It will be available aug 22nd "

his eBay userID is: usmillworks_com

Even though my frame was already drilled, I am going to put some vinyl tape over the holes and mount my plate this way.

Last edited by manishaudi; 08-17-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is what I am doing.

http://swiftmotorsports.com/index.ph...nvgkb8p59ubie7
Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

My car also had 2 holes drilled. I just put the holder on and used double sided tape to stick the plate on. I will buy the tow hook plate OR the swift plate very soon. I will need two, one for the A6 and one for the TL.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F*** THE PO-LICE!

Sorry, actually Texas cops seem to be quite forgiving here. Got pulled over in all my cars without front LP and never got charged for it, aside from my speeding charges of course.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Metallic-Force
F*** THE PO-LICE!
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 08-18-2012, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I got my first no plate ticket in 7 years a couple months ago. Worth every penny of the $54 to not be running one the whole time. Still not running one.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks like someone already makes a tow hook license plate holder.

http://www.modbargains.com/No-Holes-...7-A4-S4-A6.htm
Old 08-20-2012, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't like how that looks.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BugeyeRX
I don't like how that looks.
+1. Very ugly IMO. Needlessly brings attention to it when I would rather admire the front grill

Quick Reply: Putting my front plate on :/