Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Price for used 2016 A6 3.0T

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price for used 2016 A6 3.0T

I am looking to buy a used 2016 A6 and was wondering what is a fair price.

Looking on Autotrader and Cars.com, I see low prices of about $45,000 to $47,000 for a 3.0T Premium Plus with about 10-18k miles. The few that I found are just Premium Plus model with added on Cold Weather package. I would like the Driver Assistance Package, but that will likely add another $1,500.

My target price is $40k. Questions:

1) How much can I reasonably haggle down for a used from a Dealer?
2) How much will prices drop once the 2017 are introduced?
3) How long will I need to wait to get my target price?

I was thinking about a 2015 A6 3.0T, but I wanted the updated 4G and faster MMI with the updated processor.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2016, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

It makes you wonder why anyone would dump a car with such few miles? Is it a dealer car, did someone just hate it enough to lose a lot of money, is it a maintenance nightmare? There are other reasons but I would be careful.
Price is also market and location specific and you need your location in your posts to be of use.

Last edited by DB22; 07-22-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DB22
It makes you wonder why anyone would dump a car with such few miles? Is it a dealer car, did someone just hate it enough to lose a lot of money, is it a maintenance nightmare? There are other reasons but I would be careful.
Yeah, one or two that I saw were Dealer Loaners. I think Dealers try to get out of them before they hit 10k miles.

Also, there are some that just have "too" much money and don't mind getting a new car every year. Hope I have that problem some day.

Is a 2015 Prestige better than a 2016 A6 3.0?
Old 07-22-2016, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Mine was an Audi exec car. It had 6k miles & came from California. I got the impression the execs at Audi get new ones reach year. Must be nice.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mlingama
Yeah, one or two that I saw were Dealer Loaners. I think Dealers try to get out of them before they hit 10k miles.

Also, there are some that just have "too" much money and don't mind getting a new car every year. Hope I have that problem some day.

Is a 2015 Prestige better than a 2016 A6 3.0?
You would need to research the differences with options. If you like the extra toys and features compared to the newer MMI with less features. There are options on the Prestige so do your homework. Many on here will chime in with opinions of options. I would like all of the options available except cold weather package, I rarely use rear seats but I am going on a trip to NV and AZ 116 and 108 degrees respectively🔥
Old 07-22-2016, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Those prices seem about right. I too was looking for a used 2016 A6 3.0T with less than 15k miles and most are listed around 45k-47k for Prem Plus and Cold Weather.

It only goes down as low as $45k if it's been sitting at the dealer lot for 2-3 months, and you will have to wonder why it sits there that long.

Anyway, I ended purchasing a brand new one for $54k with PP and Cold Weather, before taxes and fees.

If you asked me, the $10k extra was definitely worth it. You get that new smell, and you can baby it the moment you take it home. With a used one, you have no idea how it could have been abused during those first 2-3k miles.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thehaviet
Those prices seem about right. I too was looking for a used 2016 A6 3.0T with less than 15k miles and most are listed around 45k-47k for Prem Plus and Cold Weather.

It only goes down as low as $45k if it's been sitting at the dealer lot for 2-3 months, and you will have to wonder why it sits there that long.

Anyway, I ended purchasing a brand new one for $54k with PP and Cold Weather, before taxes and fees.

If you asked me, the $10k extra was definitely worth it. You get that new smell, and you can baby it the moment you take it home. With a used one, you have no idea how it could have been abused during those first 2-3k miles.
I see some on CARGURUS.com and AUTOTRADER that have been sitting on the lots for about 2 months for about $46k. The cars are certified so that will help for long ownership. Since I live in Kansas City and the cars that I am looking at are several hundred miles, I was going to buy online and get it shipped.

The only thing that has me being reluctant is that the breaks might have worn out and I would hate to replace brakes and rotors for new purchase.

Anything else to worry about buying without physically seeing the car?
Old 07-27-2016, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New car sales of the A6 are -30.5% for June and -27% YTD thru June. With sales of CUV's and SUV's really strong it's no doubt effecting sales of both new and used sedans like the A6. I bought a new A6 a few weeks ago and it had been sitting in the dealers inventory for quite a while. Q5's and Q7's were turning over much faster.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mlingama
I see some on CARGURUS.com and AUTOTRADER that have been sitting on the lots for about 2 months for about $46k. The cars are certified so that will help for long ownership. Since I live in Kansas City and the cars that I am looking at are several hundred miles, I was going to buy online and get it shipped.

The only thing that has me being reluctant is that the breaks might have worn out and I would hate to replace brakes and rotors for new purchase.

Anything else to worry about buying without physically seeing the car?
If your really interested in one of those cars and there is nothing you want closer to you I would highly recommend a road trip to see and test drive it in person so there are no surprises. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agree about road trip, if I can find something 500 miles or closer I will definitely go.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Price for used 2016 A6 3.0T