Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Please Help!! Trying to choose between 2 C7's!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:38 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Two things. Maybe I missed them in the discussion.
- I would think the S-line exterior of the white prestige would be a large deciding factor as well.
- Why is the white one missing the "quattro" badge on the front grill?
Old 09-18-2014, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
I guess the car in signature is what you want. 13K miles and has CPO warranty. Running smooth and trouble free. Sadly it is not for sale.
Well you're quite helpful, aren't you?
Old 09-18-2014, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
And how long were you looking before this one fell into your lap? Don't think I've seen the Onyx Gray before (does it replace the Dakota Gray from 2012?) Sounds like a kick a** one though. I always prefer to buy privately when/if possible, but (as I've said a million times on this thread) the market up here is crazy tight! Thanks for the $ reference point...my budget was in the low 40s since it's a 3rd vehicle for me, but perhaps I need to expand it if I want to be picky about the options included...
In some ways I guess I was lucky because I only searched for a couple of days, and the car I bought had only been listed for 2-days. I was visiting my daughter in Chicago, a friend called and wanted to buy my 2003 MDX immediately. I wasn't quite ready to sell, but jumped at the chance and needed a replacement. I started my search on Autotrader.com and found one in So. Cal. 500 miles from home, color and options just as I wanted. Sent a deposit by Pay-Pal, flew there 2-days later, bought the car and drove it home.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Color is Quartz Gray, not Onyx Gray as I listed mistakenly. Here's the Option list for your reference. I think the car has every option except the B&O Audio Upgrade--A $5,000+ option.
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2014, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
The Color is Quartz Gray, not Onyx Gray as I listed mistakenly. Here's the Option list for your reference. I think the car has every option except the B&O Audio Upgrade--A $5,000+ option.
Awesome, thanks man! Yeah I don't think I'll be doing B&O either...the Bose that comes with Prestige should treat me just fine. Those pop up tweeters are pretty damn cool though.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
Missing the Black Optics package.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

[OP] Thanks for all the input and advice everyone.

I ended up increasing my budget a bit and buying private, from a fellow AW'er. Getting a better optioned, super low mileage beauty! The details:

- '12 3.0 Prestige; instead of the P+
- 18" Sport pkg; really wanted the 19 or 20" pkg, but I'll think about upgrading and use the 18's as winter boots, I easily saved enough going private to get them and a GOOD set of tires instead of the stock PZs
- Quartz Grey; instead of white or black (this was the toughest call). I've really grown to love QG the more I see it, so I think I'll be happy with this decision
- I just HAD to have the full LEDs. Full stop.
- Mfg's warranty until Aug16; instead of Dec15
- And the best A/B margin: only 17k miles; instead of 31k or 47k

Taking a 50 minute flight across WA state and picking her up, then making the 3.5 hr drive back to Seattle. Can't wait.

Finally ready to REALLY start digging into this forum and learning some good stuff!
Old 09-19-2014, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very good and welcome.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
[OP] Thanks for all the input and advice everyone.

I ended up increasing my budget a bit and buying private, from a fellow AW'er. Getting a better optioned, super low mileage beauty! The details:

- '12 3.0 Prestige; instead of the P+
- 18" Sport pkg; really wanted the 19 or 20" pkg, but I'll think about upgrading and use the 18's as winter boots, I easily saved enough going private to get them and a GOOD set of tires instead of the stock PZs
- Quartz Grey; instead of white or black (this was the toughest call). I've really grown to love QG the more I see it, so I think I'll be happy with this decision
- I just HAD to have the full LEDs. Full stop.
- Mfg's warranty until Aug16; instead of Dec15
- And the best A/B margin: only 17k miles; instead of 31k or 47k

Taking a 50 minute flight across WA state and picking her up, then making the 3.5 hr drive back to Seattle. Can't wait.

Finally ready to REALLY start digging into this forum and learning some good stuff!
Congrats! Sounds like a keeper, post some pics when you get her. I think you'll like the gray a lot. I have Daytona gray and love it, but the QG is also really sharp.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Janello
Congrats! Sounds like a keeper, post some pics when you get her. I think you'll like the gray a lot. I have Daytona gray and love it, but the QG is also really sharp.
Thanks man, yeah I really like that Daytona gray as well. I'll definitely get some pics up and set up a sig.

What are some of the first mods that you'd do in my position? Should I be getting Vag-com asap?

Quick Reply: Please Help!! Trying to choose between 2 C7's!!