Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
HAHA. Do I win? These cold temps are killing me and my ability to wash her.
Lol, were all winners in this weather! I just couldn't take it anymore with all the salt so I "Chicago Styled" it in my driveway and waxed it in my garage. The last thing I wanted to do was go to the car wash.
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aatish11
Lol, were all winners in this weather! I just couldn't take it anymore with all the salt so I "Chicago Styled" it in my driveway and waxed it in my garage. The last thing I wanted to do was go to the car wash.
That is an understatement for sure. I think my car is glacier white at this point. I am about to cave and go to a touchless, I can't take it anymore. So I am born and raised Chi burbs. What is Chicago style washing as in this weather anything with water will hurt my hands. HAHA.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
That is an understatement for sure. I think my car is glacier white at this point. I am about to cave and go to a touchless, I can't take it anymore. So I am born and raised Chi burbs. What is Chicago style washing as in this weather anything with water will hurt my hands. HAHA.
LOL! Mine currently looks like it was sandblasted by nails. As for Chicago style washing, it's going out in the cold with a bucket of hot water and a microfiber towel. Then going over the car lightly with turtle wax ice and Meguiars ultimate. Plus I hit the floor mats as well Lucky for me, I had a garage heater installed during my house renovations so I only stayed outside for the wipe down. As for me, I'm born and raised in the burbs as well! (A little north of you) I got his for my first official car and been loving it ever since. 25k on odometer and still running strong
Old 02-17-2014, 05:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! Mine currently looks like it was sandblasted by nails. As for Chicago style washing, it's going out in the cold with a bucket of hot water and a microfiber towel. Then going over the car lightly with turtle wax ice and Meguiars ultimate. Plus I hit the floor mats as well Lucky for me, I had a garage heater installed during my house renovations so I only stayed outside for the wipe down. As for me, I'm born and raised in the burbs as well! (A little north of you) I got his for my first official car and been loving it ever since. 25k on odometer and still running strong
man, you guys are crazy to be even considering washing your cars in that weather. I won't get into socal weather, that would just be wrong right now.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:55 AM
Banned

Three words:

OPTIMUM NO RINSE

Get some. Then get some more. There are plenty of YouTube videos and tutorials for different methods. There are also several websites from which you can purchase this magical stuff.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by in2dwww
Three words:

OPTIMUM NO RINSE

Get some. Then get some more. There are plenty of YouTube videos and tutorials for different methods. There are also several websites from which you can purchase this magical stuff.
I will have to look this up. Does it work with the layers of crud I have though? I have Griots Garage bucketless wash and I just fear that stuff is good for a little dust and dirt, but not what our car currently has.

Originally Posted by soslower
man, you guys are crazy to be even considering washing your cars in that weather. I won't get into socal weather, that would just be wrong right now.
In my business I deal with people spread around our fine country. Based on my contacts in Southern CA and our talks on the weather.....I don't like you very much. HAHA. I have been kicking around the idea of AZ. I need a climate change. It is dumping on my car right now. My Q5 just got delivered in this mess as well. Just not fair.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pictures of how my car currently sits from Monday's wheel pickup from AG Wheels (for the next 2 weeks until more parts come in) If anyone is interested in this set, it will become available shortly.

Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-xk8007c.jpg
Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-7txfsdn.jpg
Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-ozvrpob.jpg
Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-ascc0jj.jpg
Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-apjpu8v.jpg
Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-bxpuxue.jpg
Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-npprjsm.jpg
Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-wf2szdp.jpg
Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!-76dhkwx.jpg
Old 02-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Banned

I finally cleaned off the road grime and snow salt yesterday using nothing but Optimum No Rinse (ONR), some extremely plush microfiber towels, and a waffle weave drying towel. I followed it up with the Optimum quick detailer, but could have also used Chemical Guys Hybrid V7. I'm really digging Optimum on the Audi paint.

Here are some before and after shots. My camera has saturation issues. Any suggestions on a good digital camera?

Last edited by in2dwww; 02-19-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Impressive stuff. Maybe it's your camera or lighting but it looks like your paint has a lot of orange peel to it. Have you done any sort of paint correction or detailing to it?
Old 02-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by soslower
Impressive stuff. Maybe it's your camera or lighting but it looks like your paint has a lot of orange peel to it. Have you done any sort of paint correction or detailing to it?
My camera sucks. It's a point and shoot and it has a fish eye warp lens and never picks up color properly... and it adds noise to solid colors. That car is supposed to be aviator blue and the camera makes it look like dakota or daytona gray.

Quick Reply: Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!