Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Now I Am Beginning To Rethink This

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by palermo22
I thank everyone for their comment - obviously, I wouldn't base a purchase on just reading a forum but it is a good start. I have test driven the A6 2.0 and did not like the CVT transmission. A couple of people have mentioned that they do not have the problems I listed (which came from this forum) because they have the Prestige model. I wasn't planning on spending $60,000 on a car! Far from it: if I had purchased (or will purchase) the car it would be the 2.0 where I would spend no more than $45,000. It just seems to me that if you are spending between $45,000 - $65,000 on a car that you shouldn't have to live with an uncomfortable seat where the leather might be inferior. With all of that, we will be testing the 2013 2.0 when it's released and we will also test drive the new Lexus and go from there.
I missed that you were looking at the 2.0... guess I best learn to read I have not test driven the CVT, but the idea of it has not really appealed to me. Now the 2.0T with the 8 speed tranny... that might be more interesting to me as well - both from a price and a mileage point of view. Having said that, I do SO love the 3.0. Just drove a premium plus again tonight (this time with my better half). It is SUCH a smooth motor.

jc
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

45k for a Lexus? Which one? Keep in mind that IS, ES, RX are not the same class car as an A6. I don't think you can get a GS for 45k.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KarKid
45k for a Lexus? Which one? Keep in mind that IS, ES, RX are not the same class car as an A6. I don't think you can get a GS for 45k.
By the very fact that we are interested in the 2013 A6 2.0 (8 speed/quattro) should tell you that performance is not as high on my list as comfort, luxury and economy. The new 2013 Lexus ES is being completely redone and will have a hybrid model as well - it will be priced just a little more than the regular ES350 - which probably goes for about $39,000 - so, yes, I am interested in that as well as the A6 2.0.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the 2.0 with CVT premium plus and its a great car, at 1k miles the only issue I am having is the leather wearing. The 2.0 is plenty fast and the CVT is ultra smooth and has been totally redesigned for the 12 models, honestly this car is pretty fast lol, its much faster than my old BMW 5 series and ultra smooth, you can be going 120 and it feels like you are doing 60. Not a slow car by any means.

I would not consider a Lexus ES at all, we had a ES350 in my family and it was awful, its a great car if you like a smooth, boring, cushiony ride, it handled like a boat, had massive torque steer and looked 95% like a Toyota Camry (ES is based on a Camry). The ES is not a competitor of the A6, the GS is, the ES like all toyota products were reliable, however I didn't like it at all.I would look look at a 2012 528i if I were you.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I would not consider a Lexus ES at all, we had a ES350 in my family and it was awful, its a great car if you like a smooth, boring, cushiony ride, it handled like a boat, had massive torque steer and looked 95% like a Toyota Camry (ES is based on a Camry). The ES is not a competitor of the A6, the GS is, the ES like all toyota products were reliable, however I didn't like it at all.I would look look at a 2012 528i if I were you.
Never had one, so I can't comment...But the new ES is going to be based on the refreshed 2013 Toyota Avalon platform which itself is brand new

EDIT: Here is an article from Autoblog talking about it-> http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/18/2...-drive-review/
Old 06-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had my A6 for just over a month, 1400 miles on it. So far, ZERO issues. This is hands down the best car I've ever owned. Seats to me feel great honestly, leather is soft, very supportive back, etc. Not saying there aren't better seats, but come on, they aren't that bad. Mechanically the car has been flawless, and I find myself looking forward to going to work every morning just so I can drive!

Test it, as others have said, and do your homework. I for one am completely satisfied with my car.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MickBlue
I've had my A6 for just over a month, 1400 miles on it. So far, ZERO issues. This is hands down the best car I've ever owned. Seats to me feel great honestly, leather is soft, very supportive back, etc. Not saying there aren't better seats, but come on, they aren't that bad. Mechanically the car has been flawless, and I find myself looking forward to going to work every morning just so I can drive!

Test it, as others have said, and do your homework. I for one am completely satisfied with my car.
I took my wife out last night to check out the A6. While I had been on test drives before, she had not, so out we went. On my last test drive (a premium model) I noticed the seats seemed a little hard. I drove the BMW 5 series about 30 minutes later, and noticed how good they felt. That was the observation that led to my comments above.

Last night we drove a Premium Plus - Dakota Gray with the Nougat interior.

The seats felt great.

I don't get it. As far as I can tell, there is NO difference between the seats in the Premium, and the Premium Plus. I know the Prestige seats are different, but that is a different discussion.

I suppose it could be my imagination, or that I'm getting old, or who knows what, but the prior test drive was BEFORE I read the comments about "uncomfortable" seats. Go figure, AFAIK its a non issue now.

jc
Old 06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
I took my wife out last night to check out the A6. While I had been on test drives before, she had not, so out we went. On my last test drive (a premium model) I noticed the seats seemed a little hard. I drove the BMW 5 series about 30 minutes later, and noticed how good they felt. That was the observation that led to my comments above.

The seats felt great.

I don't get it. As far as I can tell, there is NO difference between the seats in the Premium, and the Premium Plus. I know the Prestige seats are different, but that is a different discussion.

I suppose it could be my imagination, or that I'm getting old, or who knows what, but the prior test drive was BEFORE I read the comments about "uncomfortable" seats. Go figure, AFAIK its a non issue now.

jc
Sorry, I had no idea the seats were different. I have the Prestige and I really do love the seats, but obviously everybody has different opinions on them. Haven't been in the seats of the other trim lines so wasn't aware of the differences. Does seem odd that they would feel different. I agree the BMW seats are to die for. I cross shopped the two cars and really had a hard time deciding between the two. In the end though, I've been very happy. Both great cars to be sure.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MileHighJC

The seats felt great.

jc
The premium and premium plus seats are the same. Only difference would be in the prestige model.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dht34
The premium and premium plus seats are the same. Only difference would be in the prestige model.
That is how I understood it. I have NO idea why the seat felt more comfortable last night. There really is no logical explanation that I can think of unless I really am starting to go crazy.

Quick Reply: Now I Am Beginning To Rethink This