Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Not Liking My Headrest

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I assume you all know the headrest slides back by pushing the button on the side and sliding the headrest back? I didn't know that for about oh, I don't know, 10 months. Not like me to overlook that, so I assume others have done the same.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Well, I assume you all know the headrest slides back by pushing the button on the side and sliding the headrest back? I didn't know that for about oh, I don't know, 10 months. Not like me to overlook that, so I assume others have done the same.
For those wondering what is being talked about here are two (not very good) pictures of the headrest pad fully forward and fully back. As sgroer says you can pull the pad forward but to push it back you need to press the button on the side of the headrest. This button also allows you to lower the height of head rest
Attached Images   
Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
For those wondering what is being talked about here are two (not very good) pictures of the headrest pad fully forward and fully back. As sgroer says you can pull the pad forward but to push it back you need to press the button on the side of the headrest. This button also allows you to lower the height of head rest
Actually those are great pictures, they demonstrate what sgroer was talking about. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pevend
After driving my new A6 for a couple weeks, I'm finding that the headrest pushes my head too far forward, even when it is adjusted to its farthest rear position. Is it possible to get replacement headrests?
Just got a 2014 A6 Prestige and love it so far. A big issue, though, for me is my wife has a neck injury and can't deal with how the headrest pushes her head forward. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I've taken the headrest off to try to bend the bars back a bit but no go. I couldn't figure out how to take the headrest itself apart without destroying it -- if I could I'd straighten the bars a bit. Don't need much, maybe 1/2".
Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headrest moves forward and backward, even all the way back it bothers her?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by keithl
The headrest moves forward and backward, even all the way back it bothers her?
Yeah. I need it to move back another 1/2" to 1".
Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Just a thought... While this may sound like a weird solution and probably not ideal, you might have her try one of those soft neck pillows that people use for air travel. With the right one, it could move her neck forward a bit allowing her head to rest more comfortably against the headrest. A thick, padded seat back cover of some sort might also work.

I wouldn't suggest trying to bend the headrest rail. It could affect the safety design in some way.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Just a thought... While this may sound like a weird solution and probably not ideal, you might have her try one of those soft neck pillows that people use for air travel. With the right one, it could move her neck forward a bit allowing her head to rest more comfortably against the headrest. A thick, padded seat back cover of some sort might also work.

I wouldn't suggest trying to bend the headrest rail. It could affect the safety design in some way.
Thanks. We're using a towel right now. :-) I would like to find a permanent solution though.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FuchsB
The seats flat out suck in my opinion
ditto..what he said
Old 09-16-2013, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Nasty64
I've taken the headrest off to try to bend the bars back a bit but no go. I couldn't figure out how to take the headrest itself apart without destroying it -- if I could I'd straighten the bars a bit. Don't need much, maybe 1/2".
Yeah. I need it to move back another 1/2" to 1".
Thanks. We're using a towel right now. :-) I would like to find a permanent solution though.
Take it to an upholstery or interior shop. They should be able to rebuild it to meet your wife's needs.

Quick Reply: Not Liking My Headrest