Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Not happy with 18 inch standard A6 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not happy with 18 inch standard A6 wheels

Anyone not happy with their standard Audi A6 wheels? I should say the appearance? I ordered the P+ 2.0 and think I should change my order to 19 inch sport package. I want all season tires and was told n/a. Summer tires will not do and I don't want to purchase a winter set. Also is the sport package ride a lot different?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DER KONIG PANZER
Anyone not happy with their standard Audi A6 wheels? I should say the appearance? I ordered the P+ 2.0 and think I should change my order to 19 inch sport package. I want all season tires and was told n/a. Summer tires will not do and I don't want to purchase a winter set. Also is the sport package ride a lot different?
I am ordering a 2013 Audi A6 Prestige with 20 inch sports package too. I plan on getting the tires swapped for all season ones. Try talking to your dealer to see if they would do this for you.

IMO, the car doesn't look as good without sports package.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We have a 2013 Prestige with 18 inch alloy wheels with all season tires; the ride is outstanding -- the appearance is fine. I agree with Gurm's comment and preferred the 20 inch Sport Package for the great fit/appearance; but my wife wanted standard suspension for "softer ride" and feel. We drove both and the 20 inch Sport Package is firmer, just as advertised. We did not drive a 19 inch Sport; that may be the sweet spot. If you can drive each.

All the Best.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ARC44
We have a 2013 Prestige with 18 inch alloy wheels with all season tires; the ride is outstanding -- the appearance is fine. I agree with Gurm's comment and preferred the 20 inch Sport Package for the great fit/appearance; but my wife wanted standard suspension for "softer ride" and feel. We drove both and the 20 inch Sport Package is firmer, just as advertised. We did not drive a 19 inch Sport; that may be the sweet spot. If you can drive each.

All the Best.
I test drove both and didn't feel much difference. There was a bit more road noise on the freeway with 20s than 18's but ride quality was still fine to me. I guess the road noise may get better when I change the tires to All-seasons.

But going with 18s with all-seasons is probably a safer choice.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2012 Prestige with 18 in sport package (all weather tires).

to summarize, these feel great with minimal road noise (compared to 2013 19in and 20in).. Plus I hope to skip buying winter tires this time.. will evaluate the first winter and then go for winter only tires next year..
Old 10-17-2012, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

2012 P+ with tech and sports package w/ 18". For me the 19" and 20" weren't much of a different feel from each other. I chose the 18" and all season tires. My pervious Lexus GS450 ha 19" and my wife complained about the bumpy rides. Plus I hated swapping the summer and winter tires on that thing. Noticed the 18" w/ all season has better road noise in the city/highway. However the 19" and 20" simply does look better. If I had to do it again I would have tried to swap the A7 20" on it, if it is possible. Wish the A7 could seat more than 4...
Old 10-23-2012, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok I kept my order with the standard 18 inch all season tires. What I have found on the Hartmann site is a wheel that looks close to the audi 20 inch in a 19 inch size. I think come spring I will purchase the Hartmann wheels and put all season tires on them. Then I can have the look, well almost of the 20's with a softer ride and an extra set of tires. So with care I should not have to purchase any tires until I trade at 40-50k!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

After my last car, I've completely sworn off getting anything with sport suspension or big wheels with low profile tires. Too firm for me and summer performance tires tend to have more white noise/road noise. But it's all personal preference really.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think come spring I will purchase the Hartmann wheels and put all season tires on them. Then I can have the look, well almost of the 20's with a softer ride and an extra set of tires. So with care I should not have to purchase any tires until I trade at 40-50k!

Which Hartmann's have you chosen??
Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hartmann HV10-289-ga-m 5 spoke
http://hartmannwheels.com/audi-wheels

Quick Reply: Not happy with 18 inch standard A6 wheels