Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Next Generation Audi A6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 02:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next Generation Audi A6?

Hi everyone,

Currently have a 2008 BMW E60 528i. Great car. Looking to try out Audi / Mercedes Benz this time around and looking to purchase sometime next year.

Do you guys know when the next generation Audi A6 is most likely to come out? I know this one has been on the streets since late 2011.

My main concern is buying a 2014/2015 Audi A6 brand spankin new for 60k only for it to look outdated within the next year if the next generation with all new interior and exterior design is released. I'd rather prefer to get one first or second year of release and enjoy the relevance of the car, especially after I spend 55-60k on it. I'm in no true rush to upgrade immediately, so I can wait till around fall of 2015 to purchase the 2016 model if it's all new :P.

Note: I bought the BMW CPO in 2011 and started regretting it about 6 months later when I saw the new F10s all over the road making my E60 look somewhat aged.

Your advice would be helpful, thank you!
Old 04-26-2014, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

E60 were probably the best 5 ever made. (I had an e61, and if it wasn't for the N54, I would have kept it)

Personally, I'm not sure when the new A6 is coming out, however judging by how ofter Audi likes to change their models, I'd say 1-2years max.

If you are not in a hurry, just wait. However, if you are going to wait for the second year (I'm not so sure they will have all the bugs worked out by that time) then you can grab an older CPO C7 or take over a lease for a couple of months from someone that is willing to walk away - leasebusters? This way you get to spend time with the car and see if you like it.

I would see about finding a C7 S6 that has couple of months of lease on it left, then again, this would be like starting crack. Once you are used to the power, you would be hard pressed to switch to a 3.0T or TDI.

Good luck
Old 04-26-2014, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 103 Likes on 45 Posts

The new A6 C7 series was first introduced with the MY2012 in the U.S. Based on previous series intros, Audi will not release a new C8 series in North America until at least MY2017 which could be available in the summer of 2016. They usually want to get five or six years out of a series before they retool. The MY2015 is just starting production for first arrivals in July in North America.

Unless you live in Europe where new models are released a year earlier than North American versions, you have at least two years+ to wait if you want the first release or three years+ if you prefer to wait for the second model year for any bugs to be worked out (been there, done that and now I always wait for year two). Along the way, Audi will usually do some minor refreshes of a few cosmetics and electronics.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
E60 were probably the best 5 ever made.
Not even close. Its widely considered to be the WORST 5 ever made. The best is hands down the E39. The E34 and F10 are close behind.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
E60 were probably the best 5 ever made. (I had an e61, and if it wasn't for the N54, I would have kept it)

Personally, I'm not sure when the new A6 is coming out, however judging by how ofter Audi likes to change their models, I'd say 1-2years max.

If you are not in a hurry, just wait. However, if you are going to wait for the second year (I'm not so sure they will have all the bugs worked out by that time) then you can grab an older CPO C7 or take over a lease for a couple of months from someone that is willing to walk away - leasebusters? This way you get to spend time with the car and see if you like it.

I would see about finding a C7 S6 that has couple of months of lease on it left, then again, this would be like starting crack. Once you are used to the power, you would be hard pressed to switch to a 3.0T or TDI.

Good luck
As an owner of an E60 M5 I agree about it being the best 5 series BMW has made. Honestly though I am just not a fan of the way the new F10's look. They are certainly are fast but I feel like they've lost a lot of the soul that was in the S85 V10.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

One of the motor magazines over here had some pictures/sketches of the C8 in the last issue. Looked pretty good, but probably a lot of speculation. They talked about MY16, which would mean MY17 in the US
Old 04-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What do you guys mean by MY2015/MY2016/MY2017? Sorry - new to the forums and don't understand this lingo haha.

My son will be a junior in college Fall of 2015 so I was looking to purchase a new vehicle for myself by then so he could take the '08 E60 528i off to college and use it to come back home every few weeks.

Do you guys have any idea about the next generation Audi A7? I've also been considering trying a whole new style of cars (ie: BMW 6 series gran coupe / Audi A7).

I really don't want to get the last year of a 55-70k car and then have it look aged a year after.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 103 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by beamers
What do you guys mean by MY2015/MY2016/MY2017? Sorry - new to the forums and don't understand this lingo haha.

My son will be a junior in college Fall of 2015 so I was looking to purchase a new vehicle for myself by then so he could take the '08 E60 528i off to college and use it to come back home every few weeks.

Do you guys have any idea about the next generation Audi A7? I've also been considering trying a whole new style of cars (ie: BMW 6 series gran coupe / Audi A7).

I really don't want to get the last year of a 55-70k car and then have it look aged a year after.
MY = Model year. When Audi introduces a new model year, it typically comes out the summer one year prior. i.e. a MY2015 arrives in summer of 2014.
What I wrote about the A6 dates earlier in this thread also applies to the A7 since they share the same chassis and almost all of the mechanicals and electronics. Only major difference is body style and rear seating/cargo area.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ohh alright. Hmm means I might be taking a look at something else redesigned by 2016 so I can get it by Fall 2015. Perhaps the Benz E350?
Old 04-26-2014, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I face-lifted A6 *may* arrive next year as MY2016, and a full change will occur another 4 years or so after it.

Quick Reply: Next Generation Audi A6?