Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My wait is nearly over ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joseaudi
Are you sure you dont just have the sline exterior like here in the US? Since that is all you have that is s line. You dont have the steering wheel badge, door sill badges, seats, etc. Basically everything that makes it an s line.
I ordered back in March before the specs and brochures were out in Canada. When selecting my options, my SA referred me to the Eurpoean A6 brochure. The european brochure stated S-Line option had sport bucket seats, upgraded tire package/sports suspension, S-Line badging, etc. Therefore, I selected it (Cdn $2,700 S-Line option). But when the description of the specs came out in May, I noticed that the S-Line option (Canadian My2012) noted the package came with 20 inch tires, sports suspension, sports steering wheel heated, paddle shifters, S-Line exterior and S-Line badging on the door sills but no sports bucket seats. My SA stated that Audi reserves the right to change option package specs. When the car was delivered in July, I notice no S-Line badging except for the front fenders which shows S-Line but no where else. Again, SA stated that Audi reserves the right to change specs, as required. Definitely frustrated and I learned my lesson with buying a new model without more information or seeing it first. I wanted to be one of the first to have one but found that being an early adopter has its disadvantages as I would waited until a proper S-Line package was available in Canada. I'll wait a few years until the new S5 arrives (2015?) and when I don't need room in the back seat and trade it in. The S6 is tempting but can't justify spending that much money when it comes arrives.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. S line badge on fender confirms it is s line for Canada. I'm getting shafted on options on an early launch Mercedes ml for my wife too.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion S line labels are not desirable, it just makes me think that the person really wanted an S model instead.
Sport seats preferred to sport seats embroidered with S line, sport three spoke steering wheel preferred to sport three spoke steering wheel with S line badge, no fender badge preferred to S line badge, etc..

Last edited by EHLO; 08-29-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by EHLO
In my opinion S line labels are not desirable, it just makes me think that the person really wanted an S model instead.
Sport seats preferred to sport seats embroidered with S line, sport three spoke steering wheel preferred to sport three spoke steering wheel with S line badge, no fender badge preferred to S line badge, etc..
True enough. But I wanted S-Line for the sport bucket seats, larger tires and sports suspension more than the S-Line badging. Unfortunately, the Canadian S-Line package does not include the upgrade sports seats. It would be nice to distinguish it from the non S-Line A6's but I would have preferred the sports seats over the badging, if given a choice. After that, tuning the ECU would make it close enough to the S6 without having to pay the price. My former Audi was a 2011 S4 but needed a bigger back seat. Sometimes I regret trading it in. There's no question I very much like my new A6 for its technology and luxury features but the S4 definitely "rocks". The S6 would be too pricey for me to justify the cost (but then, that could be said of the A6 vs. a cheaper Infiniti M37/45). Maybe a 10 year old Porsche ...

Last edited by carbuff_2; 08-30-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by carbuff_2
I ordered back in March before the specs and brochures were out in Canada. When selecting my options, my SA referred me to the Eurpoean A6 brochure. The european brochure stated S-Line option had sport bucket seats, upgraded tire package/sports suspension, S-Line badging, etc. Therefore, I selected it (Cdn $2,700 S-Line option). But when the description of the specs came out in May, I noticed that the S-Line option (Canadian My2012) noted the package came with 20 inch tires, sports suspension, sports steering wheel heated, paddle shifters, S-Line exterior and S-Line badging on the door sills but no sports bucket seats. My SA stated that Audi reserves the right to change option package specs. When the car was delivered in July, I notice no S-Line badging except for the front fenders which shows S-Line but no where else. Again, SA stated that Audi reserves the right to change specs, as required. Definitely frustrated and I learned my lesson with buying a new model without more information or seeing it first. I wanted to be one of the first to have one but found that being an early adopter has its disadvantages as I would waited until a proper S-Line package was available in Canada. I'll wait a few years until the new S5 arrives (2015?) and when I don't need room in the back seat and trade it in. The S6 is tempting but can't justify spending that much money when it comes arrives.
Don't feel bad. There are more of us then you think. I got mine yesterday from the dealer and was disappointed to know there were no sport seats. The lack of S-Line badges were actually a plus as I found them tacky. I did notice the front brakes were quite big compared to the rear, which forced me to put a spacer between my new LM rims. It is still a very competent and posh ride.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The S line package is no longer available in Canada (not on the Audi website anyways), it disappeared a few days ago. I Wonder whats up with that...
Old 11-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDKv4
The S line package is no longer available in Canada (not on the Audi website anyways), it disappeared a few days ago. I Wonder whats up with that...
I spoke to my dealer about that on Saturday. As far as he was aware it is still available and was in his system as available.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Petero1818
I spoke to my dealer about that on Saturday. As far as he was aware it is still available and was in his system as available.
I wouldn't call the Canada MY2012 S-line package to be a true S-line since it doesn't have the sport bucket seats and interior S-line badging. Also, in Europe, the Daytona Gray was a available colour for S-Line only that wasn't offered in Canada. Hopefully, this would change for future North American buyers in 2013.