Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My wait is nearly over ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wait is nearly over ...

Just got the call that my new A6 has arrived at the dealership. I went this weekend to see it. Not PDI yet but decided to take pictures anyway. It's a Dakota Grey Premium Plus (Canadian version which is similar to Prestige in the U.S.) with optional S-Line package, Bose stereo, and full LEDs. I noticed the tires supplied were Pirelli PZero. Dakota Grey looks rich (depending on lighting conditions, can be grey or grey with hint of beige). Coming from a black 2011 S4 with sports differential, the colour doesn't stand out (more of a executive sedan than sports sedan) but still looks great, especially with the full LEDs. I didn't think it was worth the price but wanted to differentiate the A6 from the previous generation and other brands that have adopted LED strips for daytime driving lights. I having the dealer install 30% tint all around and 3M stone guard 24 inch on hood/fender and full bumper. I will update pictures when I take delivery. Can't wait to drive it.
Attached Images    
Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice! Is this Oolong Grey Metallic?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's Dakota Grey.

Oolong is a bit darker.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats! Can't wait to see her tinted.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carbuff:

Thanks for posting the pics. I just ordered a Dakota Gray Prestige, Nougat Brown combo without having seen that color on an A6 in person. Saw an early A7 at a different dealer. The dealer talked me out of the beige interior and I think that's a good move. I also ordered fine ash wood, 18" sports (Colorado winters) package, cold weather, and the driver's assist package. I was leaning A7 but my supplier's discount on A6 only kind of swung the deal. Thinking a chip and some tinting will finish her off when she hopefully arrives at the end of September. What color interior did you get and any chance of more pictures when convenient? Enjoy your new auto and I'm loving the Dakota based on your pictures. Cheers.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pat clark
Thanks for posting the pics. I just ordered a Dakota Gray Prestige, Nougat Brown combo without having seen that color on an A6 in person.

Thinking a chip and some tinting will finish her off when she hopefully arrives at the end of September.
I ordered mine in late June and was told last week to expect build now to be delayed until October, delivery in November. Was your delivery date confirmed by the dealer or were they guessing before it actually was entered into the system?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pat clark
Carbuff:

Thanks for posting the pics. I just ordered a Dakota Gray Prestige, Nougat Brown combo without having seen that color on an A6 in person. Saw an early A7 at a different dealer. The dealer talked me out of the beige interior and I think that's a good move. I also ordered fine ash wood, 18" sports (Colorado winters) package, cold weather, and the driver's assist package. I was leaning A7 but my supplier's discount on A6 only kind of swung the deal. Thinking a chip and some tinting will finish her off when she hopefully arrives at the end of September. What color interior did you get and any chance of more pictures when convenient? Enjoy your new auto and I'm loving the Dakota based on your pictures. Cheers.
The interior is black with brushed aluminum trim which is included with the S-Line package (Canadian version). I will post updated pictures when I pick up the car this weekend.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by basf_audio
I ordered mine in late June and was told last week to expect build now to be delayed until October, delivery in November. Was your delivery date confirmed by the dealer or were they guessing before it actually was entered into the system?
Yikes, haven't got the confirmation and it's a guess at this point. Ordered around July 14th so I imagine I'm in the same boat. I'll post the date when I get it--. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I picked up the car yesterday and took some exterior and interior pictures. As indicated earlier, it's Dakota Grey, S-Line package (Canadian version), Bose stereo and full LEDs. The following are some of my initial observations from my first day with the car (including comparison of the vehicle dynamics compared to my previous 2011 S4 with sports differential and 19 inch ti wheels).

LEDs: It might not necessarily be technically brighter but definitely projects a more natural white colour that makes it appear brighter and easier to see IMO. I personally don't think its worth the extra money Audi charges but bought it for the appearance and cool factor. Although the car doesn't get as much looks as my black S4 did, I did notice at night, more people were staring at the car and looking at the lights wondering what car is this.

Steering: This topics seems to be contraversial based on another thread but I found the steering okay. Definitely light at low speeds but at driving speeds, it was competent (Dynamic mode selected). That said, compared to the S4, I needed to get used to the lighter feel. Normally, I drive with one hand (bad habit) but with the new A6, I have been using two hands (9 - 3 position) as I can't get use to the electronic and lighter steering feel. It still will drive straight and turns well but I felt it too light and I need to adjust the degree of the turn radius (again, compared to the S4) IMO.

Suspension: Not as harsh as the S4 and soaks up bumps in the road well, even with the 20 inch wheels and sports suspension. As previously mentioned in other threads, the tires are a bit noisy (supplied with Pzeros). My S4's 19 inch Pzero were quieter. The larger wheels does follow ruts in the road more so a firm hand needs to be on the steering wheel to ensure your point in the right direction. I wish the A6 had sports diffential (even the Ford Focus has torque vectoring as an option). In hard turns (highway on and off ramps) the A6 was good with some body roll but it felt neutral unlike the S4 sport differential which felt more competent because the rear would slide out ever so slightly to give you more confidence to take turns harder. That said, in every driving and occasionally hard driving, you would not notice the difference, especially if you never had a torque vectoring car.

General: It's definitely a great executive sedan (not necessarily a sports sedan until the S6 arrives). It's interior is luxurious, great fit and finish, I love the aluminum interior (for the perceived sporty look IMO) and the ambience lighting inside and outside give it a nice look. I'm diasppointed that sports seats were not included in the S-Line package (considering the price paid). The retracting LCD screen is cool, although I personally prefer it built into the dash as I find the sun shines more onto the screen since it sticks out and the sunshine washes out the screen. I noticed that the display looks sharper than the S4 (nav package) but the backup camera is actually not as clear and sharp as my previous S4 display. Not sure if its the backup camera or some fault with the system. Does anyone else in the Audi forum notices this lack of sharpness (with the backup camera viewing) in their new A6 or A7?

Issues: I have two issues with the car. First, my driver's rear door has a metallic clang when closing (compared to the other doors). I am bring it into service next week to try to fix. Hopefully, the service people doesn't brush this off as that door closing reminds me a cheaper cars I used to own - defintely not Audi like thud I'm used too. Second, the S-Line package (Canadian version) in supposed to have the aluminum door sills say "S-Line" but when I picked up the car, it was the regular aluminum door sill with no S-Line logo (built April 26). Anyone with the new A6 S-Line from Canada notice this as well or is it just my car? The dealer stated that Audi has the right to change things without notice

Overall, I'm am enjoying the new A6, however, I found all this technology in new cars to be overwhelming. Technology for safety reasons are good but technology for the sake of technology can sometimes be silly. That said, I'm greatful that the new A6 allows the first 6 preset radio/sat stations be accessible at a push of the touchscreen (vs. scrolling through the menu) and now you can write the letter on the screen (when you don't want to use handsfree).
Attached Images     

Last edited by carbuff_2; 07-30-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

More pictures with interior shots. Forgot to mention in the previous post the tinting is 30% all around (which I think is suited and looks nice with this colour).
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: My wait is nearly over ...