Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My Review - Stasis 3.0T ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdAudinarow
Thanks for that info. How are you liking your STaSIS exhaust? Have you noticed a Tinny sound at all?
I did not update my sig right. Those two are mods in the works. I bought the H&R Springs from ADV 1 as he upgraded to coilovers. I just purchased the used exhuast from Fuchs on this board as he is changing cars (I will not use the word upgrade as there is no upgrade to our superior car haha) I have the springs at home, but the exhuast is not even shipped yet. I hope to have that by the end of next week and I might install right away or wait for the weather to change. Not sure yet.

Fuchs said the exhaust broke in nicely and that nothing is wrong. I am crossing my fingers that all is good as the warranty I found out, does not travel with the equipment even if a Stasis dealer installed and removed the orginal job and I have my Staiss dealer do the new install.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Well, I finally got to go up to Stasis headquarters in Summit Point, WV today to take delivery of my car. It's the first C7 3.0T chipped car they have done. Had a blast meeting everyone there and reviewing everything. While it was there, I also had them do the Ohlins SL Challenge Coilover suspension. That was a replacement for the Stasis Touring Suspension which I loved, but couldn't resist the urge to try coilovers. My car is the first A6 or A7 with this kit as well.

The ECU - Marvelous, instant power, linear with a torque curve as wide as the Montana Sky. The car pulls much harder from a stop, but the new power is most noticeable on the highway. Consider it an OEM Plus type of application. It feels exactly like stock in normal driving, but when you need (or want) it, it just responds better, pulls harder and makes the grins wider.

The suspension - Holy Moly - Just as significant a change as the chip. I LOVED the Stasis Springs setup, but the Ohlins Coilovers are in a completely, completely, completely different league. The car is so incredibly planted and solid, and just as comfortable on the street as the touring setup. Really glad I got this done.

I was able to take the car on the Summit Point track as well with one of their instructors. I was the only car on the track. I did quite a bit of work on the track, got the car to step out and then work on my recoveries. Really fun. Hit close to 130 on the 3000 ft. backstretch.

All in all, one of the best "car days" I've ever had. (Second only to the two laps I did on the Nurburgring last July)

The ride from WV to Atlanta was just awesome. And no tickets either :-)

Here's a vid of one lap in the car. Totally messed up my lines at "The Carousel" in this lap (0:50 - 1:05) You can hear the car step outta line a little bit at 0:54. Track was wet and I was trying to save brakes (downshifting early, etc.) but man o man was it FUN.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axMguyhyKzQ

This looks f'ing fantastic! Congrats to you! Do they have a release date on their ECU and Ohlins suspension? Do any drive select lights come on after having the install?

http://stasisengineering.com/product...e-rear-swaybar

The S5 package states that the drive light comes on if this is installed, did it stay on with yours?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ndnuno
This looks f'ing fantastic! Congrats to you! Do they have a release date on their ECU and Ohlins suspension? Do any drive select lights come on after having the install?

http://stasisengineering.com/product...e-rear-swaybar

The S5 package states that the drive light comes on if this is installed, did it stay on with yours?
Thanks! I love it! No warning lights for me. I believe the release is imminent.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
If you want to experience it, let me know. On the days I don't bike to work the car is at the perimeter if you'd like to go for a ride.
Thanks. Will do..will PM you when i get a chance to come see it..it would be great to do a video of us side by side to 60 mph so we can show the advantages of the tune. Stock vs Chipped
Old 04-27-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Stasis gone?

I called my local Audi dealer Friday to inquire about a stasis tune. They said stasis was out of business. Although their stasis page is still there it does not seem linked from their website. I asked the question several different ways. "You mean you are just not carrying stasis?" Response was they were out of business as of last week. I emailed the west coast stasis Rep I previously talked to but have received no response. I also emailed the dealer from the page on their website I had bookmarked. No response.

I hope it's not true. I suspect stasis might have been reselling apr's tune based on early reports that stasis ECU s arrived in apr boxes. No warranty anymore though.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HaveBlue
I called my local Audi dealer Friday to inquire about a stasis tune. They said stasis was out of business. Although their stasis page is still there it does not seem linked from their website. I asked the question several different ways. "You mean you are just not carrying stasis?" Response was they were out of business as of last week. I emailed the west coast stasis Rep I previously talked to but have received no response. I also emailed the dealer from the page on their website I had bookmarked. No response.

I hope it's not true. I suspect stasis might have been reselling apr's tune based on early reports that stasis ECU s arrived in apr boxes. No warranty anymore though.
It is official. Stasis is out of business.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There goes the "piece of mind" of the stasis tune warranty (I am sure people still think it was an Audi warranty)
Guys honestly if you think you will not be able to sleep if you tune your car, then don't do it
I personally sleep really well
Old 04-27-2014, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm not shy

I've done offroad fabrication, lifts, locking differentials, chipped motors, supercharged them and put on racing parts. I will likely go Apr lol but the warranty was a nice perk. Would have been a really bad investment as the warranty is worthless today.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Disappointed to read that Stasis is no longer in business. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a few upgrades (driven by a coworker of mine that upgraded his BMW 550i with a DINAN package and I felt that if Stasis was even close to being able to achieve what DINAN does for BMW's, then it would transform my 2013 A6.

So my question would be - what do folks think the risks are for going with an APR upgrade or similar vendor if it takes what I assume to be only certain parts off of Audi's warranty. And to confirm, if anyone were to upgrade the chip and/or exhaust and/or suspension, it doesn't void Audi's complete warranty, does it? Wonder what experiences other's have had.

Lastly, has anyone just upgraded only the Front/Rear Sway Bars and done nothing else and has it made the car X times more planted?

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm new to Audi but Lexus did everything they could to void associated warranties. I have a GX470 with a CPO warranty. When the alternator went bad they replaced it. A week later the replacement went bad. They replaced it again and told me not to come back with my warranty because I had added aftermarket electronics; pointing to my trailer brake controller and calling it a radar detector. They said that burned out the alternator. The brake controller was connected to the factory tow wiring under the dash using the pigtail Lexus supplied with the truck. We are talking 20 gauge wire at best. They also disconnected my air compressor at the battery that runs on a 30A fuse. The alternator has its own 80A fuse.

Long story short the third alternator has lasted. Did I mention that they put in remanufactured alternators both times? This was when the Tsunami hit Japan and parts were hard to get.

So don't bet Audi will be helpful on letting you keep your warranty if they can help it. APR told me they will flash back to stock if you want them to for service. Not sure if they charge. I'm waiting for the ODO to add some more mileage... maybe. I already have the Sport Edition which is an inch lower with a different suspension, 20's and Y rated tires. .92 skid pad vs .87. The non sport was to Cadillac for me.

Last edited by HaveBlue; 05-07-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: My Review - Stasis 3.0T ECU Tune