Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My Review - Stasis 3.0T ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default My Review - Stasis 3.0T ECU Tune

Well, I finally got to go up to Stasis headquarters in Summit Point, WV today to take delivery of my car. It's the first C7 3.0T chipped car they have done. Had a blast meeting everyone there and reviewing everything. While it was there, I also had them do the Ohlins SL Challenge Coilover suspension. That was a replacement for the Stasis Touring Suspension which I loved, but couldn't resist the urge to try coilovers. My car is the first A6 or A7 with this kit as well.

The ECU - Marvelous, instant power, linear with a torque curve as wide as the Montana Sky. The car pulls much harder from a stop, but the new power is most noticeable on the highway. Consider it an OEM Plus type of application. It feels exactly like stock in normal driving, but when you need (or want) it, it just responds better, pulls harder and makes the grins wider.

The suspension - Holy Moly - Just as significant a change as the chip. I LOVED the Stasis Springs setup, but the Ohlins Coilovers are in a completely, completely, completely different league. The car is so incredibly planted and solid, and just as comfortable on the street as the touring setup. Really glad I got this done.

I was able to take the car on the Summit Point track as well with one of their instructors. I was the only car on the track. I did quite a bit of work on the track, got the car to step out and then work on my recoveries. Really fun. Hit close to 130 on the 3000 ft. backstretch.

All in all, one of the best "car days" I've ever had. (Second only to the two laps I did on the Nurburgring last July)

The ride from WV to Atlanta was just awesome. And no tickets either :-)

Here's a vid of one lap in the car. Totally messed up my lines at "The Carousel" in this lap (0:50 - 1:05) You can hear the car step outta line a little bit at 0:54. Track was wet and I was trying to save brakes (downshifting early, etc.) but man o man was it FUN.

Last edited by sgroer; 01-28-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dislike the post, solely due to jealously.

Sounds like a blast. If I wasn't saving for a wedding, I'd have Stasis everything on my C7
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great review!! What was the price tag on both the ECU upgrade and the coilovers? Do you have any photos of the car? I'm also very jealous!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Glad u like it! Any word yet on: (1) dyno numbers; and (2) release date for the rest of us?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
The ECU - Marvelous, instant power, linear with a torque curve as wide as the Montana Sky. The car pulls much harder from a stop, but the new power is most noticeable on the highway. Consider it an OEM Plus type of application. It feels exactly like stock in normal driving, but when you need (or want) it, it just responds better, pulls harder and makes the grins wider.

The suspension - Holy Moly - Just as significant a change as the chip. I LOVED the Stasis Springs setup, but the Ohlins Coilovers are in a completely, completely, completely different league. The car is so incredibly planted and solid, and just as comfortable on the street as the touring setup. Really glad I got this done.
Thanks for the ECU Review. Do they provide you with a way to put it in "Valet" mode?

Regarding the Suspension: 1)Is this something that will be offered through them? 2)Did they upgrade the rear sway bar? or is it the same one from the base Stasis suspension package?

Did they give a release date on any of these upgrades? Any pricing info?

Originally Posted by at1183
dislike the post, solely due to jealously.

Sounds like a blast. If I wasn't saving for a wedding, I'd have Stasis everything on my C7
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3rdAudinarow
Great review!! What was the price tag on both the ECU upgrade and the coilovers? Do you have any photos of the car? I'm also very jealous!!!
I'll let Stasis communicate the pricing - I promised I wouldn't discuss it as they are just about to release the product.

Originally Posted by BConly
Glad u like it! Any word yet on: (1) dyno numbers; and (2) release date for the rest of us?
It seems that they are sticking to their "January" timeline, so I believe the release is in the next couple of days. AS for dyno numbers - I can't discuss that, but i did see the dyno and it was impressive to say the least :-)

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Thanks for the ECU Review. Do they provide you with a way to put it in "Valet" mode?

Regarding the Suspension: 1)Is this something that will be offered through them? 2)Did they upgrade the rear sway bar? or is it the same one from the base Stasis suspension package?

Did they give a release date on any of these upgrades? Any pricing info?

There is no valet mode with the ECU

I believe the suspension will be available very soon, you could contact them and get more details. It's very close to the suspension for the B8 S4, which is already available. The sway bar in this suspension is the same one that's used in the Touring suspension

Fyi my car is sitting about a half inch lower on the Ohlins than it was on the Stasis Touring springs. It's still settling and is low, but it's height adjustable, so if it gets too low, I'll just raise it up. Right now it looks awesome.

Last edited by sgroer; 01-29-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for that info. I can't wait to see the gains on paper! Did they say they were coming out with any more engine mods to increase power anytime soon? Upgraded Pulley, Bigger Super Charger, etc...
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Problems down the road?

I'm still considering an A6/7 in September. I plan on ordering it delivered with the Stasis ECU already installed.

I understand the warrantee issues, (parts of Audi warrantee voided, but re-covered by Stasis warrantee).

My question is how much stress this increased power puts on various engine/transmission parts that were designed for a lesser power output range? Is this an issue of concern?

HBH
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Helmar
I'm still considering an A6/7 in September. I plan on ordering it delivered with the Stasis ECU already installed.
I think you'll have to buy from an Audi Dealer who is also an Authorized Stasis Dealer

Last edited by manishaudi; 01-29-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
You'll have to buy from an Audi Dealer who is also an Authorized Stasis Dealer
Thanks, my local Audi dealer is an authorized Stasis dealer.....
HBH

Quick Reply: My Review - Stasis 3.0T ECU Tune