Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My Audi Care Primer and Analysis

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at leasing a 2016 A3 (3 years, 30k) and have the option of getting Audi Care for 17$ extra per month. Do you think its a good idea to opt for it at total cost of around $595?

How much costs can I expect at the 15k and 25k miles service at Audi dealership? Thanks!
Old 07-10-2016, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ananyamsethi@gmail.com
I am looking at leasing a 2016 A3 (3 years, 30k) and have the option of getting Audi Care for 17$ extra per month. Do you think its a good idea to opt for it at total cost of around $595?

How much costs can I expect at the 15k and 25k miles service at Audi dealership? Thanks!
I answered your same question in the other thread where you posted.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

My original AC is up and I was speaking with the budget office yesterday. Audi now offers AC Plus in 2 service increments.
$819 - 55K and 65K Service
$819 (of course this could change at any time) - 75K and 85K Service

I've been told by my service guys that the 55K Service is the most expensive. My shop doesn't have prices listed so I can't verify. Has anybody got an idea on what the 55K/65K services costs for comparison??

I do like that my dealership also provides me a loaner anytime I bring the car in. I was lucky to be able to take home an A8 yesterday (prefer my A6), and the shop also does a General inspection (general lube, inspection of all things under the car blah blah blah). This (as they explained to me) is part of the AC package. They do more work then just what's required because of the AC.

Has anybody had any thing different from their shops like no AC just doing what is required and nothing else. If they do more, they charge you??
Old 08-17-2016, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rush2112
My original AC is up and I was speaking with the budget office yesterday. Audi now offers AC Plus in 2 service increments.

I've been told by my service guys that the 55K Service is the most expensive. My shop doesn't have prices listed so I can't verify. Has anybody got an idea on what the 55K/65K services costs for comparison??

I do like that my dealership also provides me a loaner anytime I bring the car in. I was lucky to be able to take home an A8 yesterday (prefer my A6), and the shop also does a General inspection (general lube, inspection of all things under the car blah blah blah). This (as they explained to me) is part of the AC package. They do more work then just what's required because of the AC.

Has anybody had any thing different from their shops like no AC just doing what is required and nothing else. If they do more, they charge you??
I did the same and feel the same about service at the dealership (even if mine sucks, at least I can go back to them and make them fix it - and I only mostly get A4's, never an A8. I will consider going indy now that one opened a couple miles from me that has a pretty good rep and does tuning, but I have the 65K service pending.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Rush2112

I got the same info from my service manager and he told me the 55K is a major service and costs over $1100 and the simpler 65K is around $200. I'm getting the AC Select for the 55/6K when I bring it in for the 55K service. Seems like a no-brainer unless you're a DIYer. After 20 years servicing my four Audis, I trust my service manager on this. He's never steered me wrong.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I asked this question for a co-worker with a Q5. The simple answer was that if you have a 2.0l then pay as you go, if it is a 3.0l then pay for the 2 services as part of Audi Care Select.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll get the AC for the 55/65K package when the time comes.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is an oldie but goodie. I have the 55K coming up before too long on my S6, and it sounds like I should buy the 55/65. I know there isn't much margin on these, but I wondered if anyone knows of a good source for buying this service plan or what it should cost. I know with the Audi extended warranty that you can buy it from anywhere. Thanks!

Edit: No spark plugs on the 55K for the S6, so I'm thinking that the service shouldn't be all that expensive, but I'm curious none-the-less. Hopefully Audi Care Plus for the S6 will take into account spark plugs were done at 35K and don't go again until 75K for the 55/65 service package.

Last edited by schalliol; 04-19-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wish they would make it a little easier to figure what is needed, and covered under AC for each specific model and engine type. I'm wondering what is going to be done to my 16' 3.0T at 35k and 45k under AC (besides oil changes of course)?
Old 04-23-2018, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Moonlightblue
Wish they would make it a little easier to figure what is needed, and covered under AC for each specific model and engine type. I'm wondering what is going to be done to my 16' 3.0T at 35k and 45k under AC (besides oil changes of course)?
It's easy. In your Warranty/Maintenance booklet check the maintenance schedule for your specific model/engine. Listed will be exactly what AC will cover - nothing more, nothing less.

Quick Reply: My Audi Care Primer and Analysis