Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Moving on, thanks for a great community

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moving on, thanks for a great community

Well I traded my A6 today for a 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Advance. This was purely a practical decision. It was hard to resist with over $6200 discount to get rid of the 15s. When I bought the A6 I was driving much more, since then the A6 became basically a commuter car and was getting less than 10K miles a year and cutting that check every month to go back and forth to work was getting old. I really enjoyed the car and it was flawless in 26 months of ownership. The engineering in the A6 is just amazing and can't wait to see what they do in the C8. I know the TLX can not fit the shoes of the A6, but will do a good enough job.

I really enjoyed this community over some of the other Audi forums and learned a lot from fellow Audi owners and thank you all for welcoming me. I hope to one day return and wish you a heart felt thank you and best wishes until we meet again.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Best of luck with the TLX. I went the other way 3 months ago (/15 A6 3.0T, Sport Package, Bose, Cold Weather, LEDs) after many years of Acura ownership. Funny, I also had an /04 (exported it to Canada to my Dad who is still driving it with nearly 140K miles) and an /06 that I just sold to a friend (also with 140K miles) -- absolutely terrific cars. I nixed the TLX for a few reasons, not the least of which is that it was just too small for my family. Acura maintains that the TLX is same size as the old TL -- bollocks I say -- at least 10% if not more smaller in most every dimension than the old /06. Agree with you that the A6 is on a different level from the TLX and glad to hear that your ownership experience was flawless in over 26 months. Coming over from Acura I do worry that the Audi will not be as reliable and will want to visit with the dealer more than the Acura did so I am glad to hear that you had no issues.

Best,
Jeff

PS -- looking for a set of OEM 18" wheels for winter tires -- if you had 18s on your Prestige and didn't sell them already let me know!
Old 10-12-2015, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry I sold the factory wheels when I got the A6. I think you will love the A6 it seems to be a natural progression for Acura owners. The TLX is 4 inches shorter in length, .8 inches less in width, actually has a tad more front room, but is 3 inches less in the rear seat. The TLX actually looks much smaller I think to the way Acura tapers the front hood. It is also like 500lbs lighter so is a tad more nimble. The A6 power train is just an amazing piece of engineering and will miss it. I think you will find the A6 to be very reliable, I just would never own one outside out of warranty as everything Audi is dramatically more money than the Japanese makes.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure you'll remember, but you answered a lot of dumb questions of mine when I was considering an A6 as I was coming out of an M37 and I noticed that you did as well. Thanks again for that and best of luck with the Acura!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. I looked at the same TLX you're picking up. Pretty nice car. I understand you're doing it for practical reasons, so that's cool. If Acura makes a Type S, that could be nice. The outgoing TL SH-AWD was faster and I think it looks better.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I also looked at the TLX, it is great alternative to the A6. I heard that they will make the TLX S-Type next year, if they would have made it this year I might have take one. The tech package is very nice in the TLX.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have an acura mdx....lots of troubles for me wheel bearings...steering noises that had to be fixed...window squeaks...., mirror wonkiness.. Trim issues....seat belt problems..bad navi...etc. Still under warranty so I'm ok... Just not as reliable as some would think. Makes my audis seem reliable in comparison. Oh and the car is not even 4 years old and under 30k miles.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 890 Likes on 729 Posts

Best of luck
Old 10-13-2015, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

BTW, that was an impressive deal you received. I had a TSX I drove then my wife drove after I got the A6, for a total of 8 years, and it was the beginning of the first model year. We had almost no trouble with it (one headlight fogging issue Acura took care of after the warranty expired) and sold it almost just like brand new.

Last edited by schalliol; 10-13-2015 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats, TLX's are nice. I worked a deal last month for 13% off sticker for an advance but had to ultimately pass since the back seat was too tight.

My wife has a 13 MDX Tech, great vehicle and not an issue with it.

Enjoy that TLX, great little car!!