Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 01:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

MMI Entertainment Options Summarized

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenmataya
Everytime I use the MMI I am more infuriated. Arbitrary song limit, slow start up or "System cannot receive voice commands at this time". Shuffle that doesn't stay on - and no artist, album or playlist shuffles for you! Forget it if you need to make a quick call when you get into your Audi. If you had to wait 20-30 seconds everytime you wanted to make a phone call you'd be outraged, but for some reason everybody seems to just accept it here. My 10 year old Ipod is a better music system than this piece of crap.
Maybe not everyone is having the problems you are. I have not noticed that sort of delay making a phone call. Have have also not noticed a slow start up in the Audi, but my Lexus takes about a mile to "load" music from a USB. Very frustrating because I can turn the car off for five seconds and it takes that long again. The Audi is virtually immediate.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Everytime I use the MMI I am more infuriated. Arbitrary song limit, slow start up or "System cannot receive voice commands at this time". Shuffle that doesn't stay on - and no artist, album or playlist shuffles for you! Forget it if you need to make a quick call when you get into your Audi. If you had to wait 20-30 seconds everytime you wanted to make a phone call you'd be outraged, but for some reason everybody seems to just accept it here. My 10 year old Ipod is a better music system than this piece of crap.
Audi's MMI, like most electronic devices, is not without some design annoyances but it is miles ahead of earlier generations. While I have little doubt that many here (including me) are occasionally irritated by its minor idiosyncrasies, most of us are not "infuriated" or "outraged". We usually reserve those sentiments for more important Audi deficiencies.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know how to get MMI to remember playback position for audio books? Or does anyone know if MMI remembers playback position for podcasts?
Old 01-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

so you're saying it sucks, but other stuff sucks more - faint praise indeed....
Old 01-06-2015, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

so you're saying it sucks, but other stuff sucks more - faint praise indeed....
No, if you reread my post carefully, I didn't say it "sucks". In response to your query why others here don't seem to have the outrage you've expressed, I wrote that while there are some shortcomings, the MMI system is apparently acceptable (and useful) to most owners. Could it be better? Sure, and the next generations will be.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think it sucks. I wish I bought an iPod classic before they were discontinued so I could just leave it in the armrest plugged in.

Last edited by MalibuCANE; 01-18-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
I think it sucks. I wish I bought an iPod classic before they were discontinued so I could just leave it in the armrest plugged in.
ah, but if you had, you could only album shuffle that iPod.....
Old 01-18-2015, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ah, but if you had, you could only album shuffle that iPod.....
Not so. Any iDevice using the AMI can shuffle songs. I have an old deactivated iPhone 3Gs (essentially an iPod Touch) permanently attached in the console and it shuffles all songs just fine. As will the Jukebox. Only an SD card will shuffle just by album.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default MMI

Nope! Just came in from my car - shuffle (if it stays on) on my iPod is album only.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
I had 2 iPod Classics in my car for that reason. Had my entire music collection on those two iPods, in Apple Lossless format.

Damned things got stolen out of my car back in September, just when Apple discontinued selling them.

Now I'm installing one of these: Audison BitPlay

It's an SSD drive media player that supports FLAC files up to 24 it 96kHz, with an optical output. The SSD is 240GB, but replaceable up to 2 TB. So I'll be able to keep my whole CD collection in FLAC, along with some of the newer, hi-res 24 bit music that's available.

It will display on the MMI screen via the AMI Composite Video adapter, but the audio will go direct digital into my DSP. I just need to use my VCDS cable to turn on VIM.

Quick Reply: MMI Entertainment Options Summarized