Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A little Vag-Com and HomeLink action today

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts
Default A little Vag-Com and HomeLink action today

I Vag-Com tweaked the new car today. Successfully did the windows/sunroof remote control, needle sweep (boy, is that cool with the LED's or what) and D/S gear display. Also got my garage door working from the Home Link. I'll get around to VIM and battery meter eventually. Skipped the lap timer this time as I never used it once on my A4. Waiting for my red grommet AMI cable from the dealer so I'll do the VIM when I get it all in one shot.

Did try a DVD in the B&O Movie sound mode and it's almost as good as my home set up, albeit with a much smaller screen in a much smaller space. Cranked up the car was bouncing and shaking like a baby carriage moving out of control down a potholed street as Private Ryan and the boys were storming Omaha Beach while the bombs and artillery were going off all around me. Definitely don't want to be driving while THAT's going on.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I Vag-Com tweaked the new car today. Successfully did the windows/sunroof remote control, needle sweep (boy, is that cool with the LED's or what) and D/S gear display. Also got my garage door working from the Home Link. I'll get around to VIM and battery meter eventually. Skipped the lap timer this time as I never used it once on my A4. Waiting for my red grommet AMI cable from the dealer so I'll do the VIM when I get it all in one shot.

Did try a DVD in the B&O Movie sound mode and it's almost as good as my home set up, albeit with a much smaller screen in a much smaller space. Cranked up the car was bouncing and shaking like a baby carriage moving out of control down a potholed street as Private Ryan and the boys were storming Omaha Beach while the bombs and artillery were going off all around me. Definitely don't want to be driving while THAT's going on.
if you are able to use the timer can you tell me how? because I want too use the oil temp monitor
Old 07-09-2012, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cool! I new about the others, but hadn't heard about the gear display; this displays the actual gear the transmission is in? Do have a link as to how to enable this; I just got my VCDS rig and would like to get this one working for me. I'd appreciate it.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Badtone
Cool! I new about the others, but hadn't heard about the gear display; this displays the actual gear the transmission is in? Do have a link as to how to enable this; I just got my VCDS rig and would like to get this one working for me. I'd appreciate it.
In VCDS go to:
"02 Auto transmission"
"10 Adaptations"
Set "Single Gear Display" to "D on/S on" in drop down menu
Do it

You will now see "D1", "D2", "S1", "S2", etc. in the display instead of just "D" or "S".
Old 07-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you very much!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been unable to get the battery level display to work.. did the enable the hidden (green ) MMI menu and set the battery level to on and level 5 but don't see it in the menu..