Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Late model 2012 A6s minor changes

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late model 2012 A6s minor changes

- I noticed that the latest shipment of A6s my dealer received had the hill-assist button by the parking brake latch on the center console.

- Also in case nobody noticed, the three spoke steering wheel gets a shiny black finish on the bottom middle wheel spoke as opposed to the matte plastic finish in the earlier A6s

- Of course, all non B&0 equipped A6s don't come with a cd changer anymore, but that has been the case for awhile.

My A6 arrived at the dealer at the beginning of April, the last batch to not get the the hill assist feature
Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What Trim/Engine are these Late models? can you get a pic of the button?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fromGMCtoAUDI
- I noticed that the latest shipment of A6s my dealer received had the hill-assist button by the parking brake latch on the center console.

- Also in case nobody noticed, the three spoke steering wheel gets a shiny black finish on the bottom middle wheel spoke as opposed to the matte plastic finish in the earlier A6s

- Of course, all non B&0 equipped A6s don't come with a cd changer anymore, but that has been the case for awhile.

My A6 arrived at the dealer at the beginning of April, the last batch to not get the the hill assist feature
pics please. I picked up my A6 2 weeks ago and I def have the shiny black finish on the steering wheel but I dont see this hill assist button you're talking about.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fail to see the usefullness of a hill assist with an automatic, especially one as good as the A6's.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I dont think my A6 ever slide backward when stopping on a hill, even if I let go of the brakes.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default This Calls for a Test....

Originally Posted by The G Man
I dont think my A6 ever slide backward when stopping on a hill, even if I let go of the brakes.
Put it to the test...just make sure that 95 Jeep Cherokee with the lift kit is parked close behind you
Old 04-11-2012, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think the hill assist is one of the best features of the car. I keep it engaged at all times. Great e.g. when parking in tight spots or hills and when pulling a trailer. My only gripe is that it doesn't keep engaged after re-starting the car.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

it must be the button to turn it off, rather then the actual feature of the car. We all have it, havent you noticed your car sits on a hill without rolling back?

There is also something about it in the owners manual, later ill post the page number its on. Hill assist is cool on automatics but a complete and utter pain in the *** with manual cars. My mini has it and i F#@^@ng hate it. It always breaks free when it wants, sometimes before i even depress the clutct. It almost caused me to roll back into someone because it broke before i could get going.

And i cant balance the clutch like you used to be able to Im not the only one with this issue, im reading its bad with all makes and models of cars with manual trannys and hill assist, and there is no way to turn it off.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
it must be the button to turn it off, rather then the actual feature of the car. We all have it, havent you noticed your car sits on a hill without rolling back?
Not sure, but I don't think it is the same thing. The hill assist also prevents the car from moving forward when idling and no brake applied. It is sort of an automatic parking brake that engages as soon as the car is at a stand still and lets go as soon as you press the gas.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickelin
Not sure, but I don't think it is the same thing. The hill assist also prevents the car from moving forward when idling and no brake applied. It is sort of an automatic parking brake that engages as soon as the car is at a stand still and lets go as soon as you press the gas.
My A6 auto-engages the parking brake during certain conditions. Don't recall when, but I remember it happening

Quick Reply: Late model 2012 A6s minor changes