Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Key fob window control??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key fob window control??

Does anyone know if the keyfob for the 2012 A6 can be programmed to open/close the windows remotely? I had a 2008 A4 that had this function programmed at the dealership. When I traded it in for an A5, I was told (by a different dealer) that this was not possible. I just picked up my new A6 a few weeks ago and would love to have this feature if it can be done, instead of asking the dealer I pose the question to the real Audi experts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed that too.. would be very lame if this car cant do it...
Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

If it can be done, it should be in this thread.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2808923
Old 04-05-2012, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
If it can be done, it should be in this thread.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2808923
Thanks for the link, I probably should have done a search before posting a new thread.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by donb4325
Does anyone know if the keyfob for the 2012 A6 can be programmed to open/close the windows remotely? I had a 2008 A4 that had this function programmed at the dealership. When I traded it in for an A5, I was told (by a different dealer) that this was not possible. I just picked up my new A6 a few weeks ago and would love to have this feature if it can be done, instead of asking the dealer I pose the question to the real Audi experts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes it can be done. I just did it to my A6 a few days ago. All you will need is VAG-COM/VCDS.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I brought in my A6 for its first service, I asked the service advisor to program the windows open feature using the key fob. The SA stated that it was not advisable since it may cause additional wear and tear on the window motors, thus, if the motor burns out, it may not be covered under warranty if this feature is activated. Not sure how opening the windows using the key fob causes more wear and tear vs. using the door controls but I didn't follow up with Audi Canada to see if this was a true statement and just decided to leave it alone. Anyone else heard this from their dealership?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carbuff_2
When I brought in my A6 for its first service, I asked the service advisor to program the windows open feature using the key fob. The SA stated that it was not advisable since it may cause additional wear and tear on the window motors, thus, if the motor burns out, it may not be covered under warranty if this feature is activated. Not sure how opening the windows using the key fob causes more wear and tear vs. using the door controls but I didn't follow up with Audi Canada to see if this was a true statement and just decided to leave it alone. Anyone else heard this from their dealership?
LOL, what a lame excuse...sure they did not want to do it. Will; ask my service guy too when I do my 5K.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmetro
LOL, what a lame excuse...sure they did not want to do it. Will; ask my service guy too when I do my 5K.
Just to confirm this is when you press and hold the "Lock"/"Unlock" button on the key, it will Raise or Lower the windows...

...Yeah, that is not only lame, it is incorrect. Both my family's BMWs have this feature and it as no ill effects on the window motor. I doubt that Audi would have manufactured such a substandard product. When I get around to purchasing the VAG cable/software myself, I will be enabling this as well.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by carbuff_2
The SA stated that it was not advisable since it may cause additional wear and tear on the window motors, thus, if the motor burns out, it may not be covered under warranty if this feature is activated.
What a crock....

Every problem has never been heard of before and everything is the customers fault some how.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

VW's advertise this capability, how could he say that with a straight face.

Quick Reply: Key fob window control??