Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Just pulled my new A6 Prestige into the garage and it is stunning!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here She Is...

Here's a few photos "as proof". After picking her up friday night, it rained all weekend and finally cleared up today enough to wash it and add a bit of shine. Tomorrow it goes back to the dealer for a clear bra and tint. I've also have a set of 19" Avant Garde M310 wheels on order with summer performance tires (Conti DWs). I have to say that I am completely happy with it and love it more every time I get in it. Also, for all the "Bose bashing" I read here, the system in the Prestige is really not that bad. It does certainly lack some low end and is missing some mid range, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought after reading about it here. I may still upgrade the sub as others have, but it can wait a bit.

One odd thing happened while washing the vehicle with the key in my pocket. Due to me touching the lock several times while washing, the driver's door would not unlock either with the remote, or with the mechanical key. The other doors unlocked fine. I had to open the drivers side door from the inside, through the back door in order to get it open... Audi lesson #1: Don't wash the car with the key in your pocket!
Attached Images     
Old 05-28-2012, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful car! The wheels will look great, I have them on my A6 in Matte Black. I love them.

What made you decide not to go with sport suspension? Bigger wheels on non-sport suspension will make the gap look bigger.

Congrats! You will enjoy it!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BugeyeRX
The cup holders will **** you off!
LOL, it's true! What's with those stupid little cup holders?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

She's beautiful! Since you have a prestige with LED headlights, do you have a "dots" or a "bar" as your Daytime Running Lights? We're trying to figure out what's going on in this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2827365
Old 05-29-2012, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just love seeing black A6's. Looking great, congrats.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats, It looks stunning on black(like mine). I'm on the fence on adding window tints or not. I always do with all my cars but my friends tell me to leave it so people can see who is driving it..lol BTW my LED DTRL look like bars not dots.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
Beautiful car! The wheels will look great, I have them on my A6 in Matte Black. I love them.

What made you decide not to go with sport suspension? Bigger wheels on non-sport suspension will make the gap look bigger.

Congrats! You will enjoy it!!
sgroer: I saw your black Avant Garde's, very nice! As for your question, I opted not to go with the sport suspension so as to keep the ride more comfortable. 90% of my driving is highway. In terms of the sizes, I don't think the fenderwell gap will be bigger... I'm going from a stock size of 245/45/18 to a 255/40/19. According to a conversion I used, the new wheel and tire should have a slightly larger radius (~0.2 inches). Am I missing something? I used the converter here:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Old 05-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wolverinewizard
She's beautiful! Since you have a prestige with LED headlights, do you have a "dots" or a "bar" as your Daytime Running Lights? We're trying to figure out what's going on in this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2827365
Wolverinewizard: Mine is the "bar", like the larger photo at the top of the link you referenced. One thing I did notice when taking photos (as opposed to seeing them in person) is that they can look more segmented, like they're not in sync with the photo. I'm no LED expert, but do they flicker on a high frequency that isn't visible by eye, but can be stopped with a fast photo? Mine's at dealer today getting tinted and a clear bra (a must-do, for anyone "on the fence" as to whether or not to go bra-less), but I'll try to re-create the photo effect that I think I've seen and post results. My DSLR camera will shoot at 1/6000 of a second with enough ambient light.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arrived1
sgroer: I saw your black Avant Garde's, very nice! As for your question, I opted not to go with the sport suspension so as to keep the ride more comfortable. 90% of my driving is highway. In terms of the sizes, I don't think the fenderwell gap will be bigger... I'm going from a stock size of 245/45/18 to a 255/40/19. According to a conversion I used, the new wheel and tire should have a slightly larger radius (~0.2 inches). Am I missing something? I used the converter here:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
While it's not actually bigger gap, less tire and more wheel always gives that illusion. I still think it will look great, but be prepared for the gap to appear bigger.