Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Just picked up an A6, new to Audis

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up an A6, new to Audis

Hey everyone, my father just picked up a 2013 3.0T Prestige last week and I get to play with it for a bit while he's gone. Moonlight Blue Metallic on Nougat Brown, Driver Assistance Pack, and Cold Weather Package. No Innovation Package unfortunately. Love the car so far, feels like an isloation chamber (in a good way) compared to my E39 M5 and it's by far the most relaxing vehicle I've ever driven. Just got a couple questions for you guys.
1. The Parking brake engages automatically when I shut the car off, but doesn't disengage automatically when I drive away/put the car in gear, any way around that or do I just have to keep pressing that lever down every time I start the car?
2. The Auto cruise control brings the car to a full stop, but then the car doesn't start moving again unless I press on the throttle or pull forward on the cruise control stalk. Is this normal?
3. Is there anyway to load some Google Earth maps onto the car without springing for Audi Connect? The car came from out of state so none of the area around our house is loaded on, would be a nice touch just be able to see the terrain.
4. I can notice the steering get heavier and throttle response becoming sharper in dynamic mode, but what affect does it have on the adaptive cruise and seatbelt tensioners?
5. My M5 and his old Ford both allowed the windows to be opened via the remote, is there anyway to program this in?
6. Is there any way to change tracks from the steering wheel controls?
7. The car says it's programmed for 3 keys when we only recieved two, is it possible to get the keys reset just in case? Yes I know the chances of whoever still has the old key even being able to find the car are extremely low, but if it's not difficult than why not do it?
8. Is there a way to keep the parking sensors always on at low speed? I know it comes on in reverse or when you press the button like my BMW does, but my father is used to the Ford's sensors being always-on.
9. Anything else in regards to things not in the manual we should know?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, didn't see a FAQ and couldn't find the answers skimming the forums.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

1. The e-brake should automatically disengage if you press the accelerator pedal hard enough in drive.
2. Normal
3. No.
4. The Dynamic setting will cause the ACC to react faster to speed changes of the followed vehicle. Same with the seat belt tensioner.
5. It can be done with a Ross-Tech Cable or Carista OBDII module and phone app
6. Yes by selecting the music screen with the buttons on the left - read the manual
7. Sorry, I don't understand the question.
8. No.
9. Yes - https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...-list-2848761/
Old 12-16-2015, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

7. The car comes with 2 key fobs with metal keys inside and a plastic key which most people keep in wallets or hide in the glove box. I keep mine in my office in case I ever lose my keys at work. I don't know why the system says 3 keys, but I have never ever received three key fobs when purchasing a car. So you don't need to worry. I don't think you can reprogram the key.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by kynryt
7. The car says it's programmed for 3 keys when we only recieved two, is it possible to get the keys reset just in case? Yes I know the chances of whoever still has the old key even being able to find the car are extremely low, but if it's not difficult than why not do it?
The little plastic key, if you got one, is the 3rd key listed in the MMI when you query it.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
The little plastic key, if you got one, is the 3rd key listed in the MMI when you query it. Even though it does not have the lock unlock functions of the FOB it does have a chip in it in order for the car to recognize it.
I did know it has a chip in it. I miss typed on my phone. As I mentioned it comes with 2 key fobs not three. Can the plastic key be programmed?
Old 12-17-2015, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For 6 - I think the heated steering wheel button replaces the * button, so I don't know how you would change tracks from the steering wheel if it's not already on the MMI screen. If it's on the MMI screen, then I think the scroll wheel and pressing the scroll wheel would do the trick.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
1. The e-brake should automatically disengage if you press the accelerator pedal hard enough in drive.
Only if you have the seatbelt on, although I thionk you can change this with VCDS
Old 12-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
6. Yes by selecting the music screen with the buttons on the left - read the manual
I can change songs on the jukebox and SD card, but not when I have my phone connected through bluetooth as it doesn't have a track list, is there any way around that?

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
The little plastic key, if you got one, is the 3rd key listed in the MMI when you query it.
Only got the two keyfobs. Oh well, guess I can always ask the dealer about it.

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Only if you have the seatbelt on, although I thionk you can change this with VCDS
Yeah that was the problem, too used to driving off first and then putting the belt on.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
I've had that feature disabled for so long I forgot that some may still have it enabled. If that's the OP's problem he can fasten his seatbelt or use Vag-Com to remove the requirement.

Originally Posted by kynryt
I can change songs on the jukebox and SD card, but not when I have my phone connected through bluetooth as it doesn't have a track list, is there any way around that?
I have an iPhone connected via Bluetooth Audio and can see the song lists in a selected album on the MMI screen and change songs at will. I can't speak to other brands of phones.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For number 8 I think you can hit the P button so the camera would come on and sensors would click in, i have used it while driving through tight areas.

Quick Reply: Just picked up an A6, new to Audis