Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

iOS6, pandora and MMI :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmetro
So what's the consensus here? For 2012 A6 and iOS 6.01? Shows or does not? I'm adding this as another line item not to upgrade to iPhone 5 yet. Really dislike the maps, lack of jailbreak (for tethering) and now this too. Actually did buy on the day of launch and returned after a week...back then there was a lack of charging cables and cases....
for some reason still don't miss getting the new phone...strange since I've had all the ones up until iphone 5.
Also, folks with 2013 version, does Audi now support Audiobooks with chapter support? My MB does not Audi does not.
Metadata over bluetooth shows with ios 6 only for Ipod music, not for apps like Pandora, Spotify, etc. So if you want to use Pandora on your phone and see the metadata, stick to ios 5 until either Apple or Audi fix this (my guess is it will be an MMI fix from Audi, I have already logged this as an issue with AoA)

Of course, it would be great when Audi finally upgrades MMI to have custom built apps (like BMW, GM) for Pandora that can play directly on the MMI system with full controls, station listings, etc.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, but even if they do update MMI, getting that update will not be super easy...dealers like to update only if required...not desired We just have to get creative.
Anyone...any observations on audiobooks chapter support? Or no one listens to audiobooks here?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcmetro
So what's the consensus here? For 2012 A6 and iOS 6.01? Shows or does not? I'm adding this as another line item not to upgrade to iPhone 5 yet. Really dislike the maps, lack of jailbreak (for tethering) and now this too. Actually did buy on the day of launch and returned after a week...back then there was a lack of charging cables and cases....
for some reason still don't miss getting the new phone...strange since I've had all the ones up until iphone 5.
Also, folks with 2013 version, does Audi now support Audiobooks with chapter support? My MB does not Audi does not.
It's an iOS issue not iPhone 5 issue. Are you on iOS 6 already? That was the problem. My iPhone 4S had the same problem with 6.0. Get the iPhone 5 it's so much better.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by joseaudi
It's an iOS issue not iPhone 5 issue. Are you on iOS 6 already? That was the problem. My iPhone 4S had the same problem with 6.0. Get the iPhone 5 it's so much better.
i just use my old iphone 3gs as ipod...works great
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noah123
i just use my old iphone 3gs as ipod...works great
We're talking about Bluetooth streaming of pandora etc and getting song info onto the mmi. Using a 3GS as an iPod hardwired has nothing to do with this thread. I'm using a 4s as an iPod but that does nothing to get pandora info on the screen of the mmi
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by joseaudi
We're talking about Bluetooth streaming of pandora etc and getting song info onto the mmi. Using a 3GS as an iPod hardwired has nothing to do with this thread. I'm using a 4s as an iPod but that does nothing to get pandora info on the screen of the mmi
My bad
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Apple posted a response, evidently a firmware update is required. Hello AOA!

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4483
Old 12-03-2012, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fr8tdog

I was saying this back in the beginning of October:

"Googling the net I've come back to my original belief that beta versions IOS 6 had backward compatibility to bluetooth 1.3 with 1.4 and for some reason, Apple decided to eliminate this in the final release. I'm sure Audi was testing the beta and was caught off guard like the rest of us. This could still be a simple fix by Apple in a revised IOS. Audi was one of the first to work with Apple in car integration and it would be pretty bizarre if they didn't work together again to fix this."

Reading the Apple article, I doubt they will change IOS 6 to be backward compatible with Bluetooth AVCRP 1.3 so it will be up to Audi to update the firmware to support 1.4. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not surprised, I suspected as much. I wrote to AoA customer service and got a form-letter response that someone would contact me by 11/23 and they still have not. Even if they updated the firmware, it seems from reading the forum that dealers don't update MMI unless there is a specific issue, so I am not sure what the advantage of having an upgradeable system is anyway.

Originally Posted by fr8tdog