Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

He had the money to by one, but...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
Most old people drives pretty good in my area but the only problem is that they ram into 7-eleven or dunkin donut.
What's the problem? Those are drive-in places, right? lol
Old 01-08-2014, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

This happened a few days ago. The 83 year old driver said he hit the wrong pedal as he was pulling into the gas station. He also said they revoked his license but he wasn't sure if it was temporary or permanent.
Sad as it may be, we will all get to a point where we will have to give up on the joy of driving and the freedom it brings.
(The gas station attendant he hit was bruised but otherwise ok).

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QXFPrBDiTKA?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
Old 01-08-2014, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Sad as it may be, we will all get to a point where we will have to give up on the joy of driving and the freedom it brings.
All the more reason to enjoy it while we still can...
Old 01-09-2014, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
This happened a few days ago. The 83 year old driver said he hit the wrong pedal as he was pulling into the gas station. He also said they revoked his license but he wasn't sure if it was temporary or permanent.
(The gas station attendant he hit was bruised but otherwise ok).

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QXFPrBDiTKA?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Glad no one was more seriously hurt. I have always believed that there should be some form of ongoing driving competency testing for all of us. I doubt it could be based on age for discriminatory reasons, but there are people on the roads who lack the physical capacity for safe driving.

I remember when my grandmother got into her 90s and was still driving, she crashed into a brick wall trying to park. She didn't even notice she had hit anything, and only discovered the damage on the way out. Turns out the car was totaled.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Glad no one was more seriously hurt. I have always believed that there should be some form of ongoing driving competency testing for all of us. I doubt it could be based on age for discriminatory reasons, but there are people on the roads who lack the physical capacity for safe driving.
In the U.S., Illinois is the only state that currently requires a driving test (at age 75+). Other states have requirements all over the map such as more frequent renewals, a doctor's certificate or vision tests. Here in MA, proof of an eye exam must be presented in person when renewing at age 75+. I agree that age alone shouldn't be the only criteria - health should be a determining factor. For example, in D.C., a doctor must certify driving competency for each renewal (at 70 or older). Unfortunately, it appears there is no simple solution to balancing individual rights with public safety.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking about ramming car into dunkin donut.....

I saw this today..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1570672
Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
Speaking about ramming car into dunkin donut.....

I saw this today..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1570672
I think she was pissed at Chris Christie for the Washington Bridge traffic last September.
Got it?